Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Chicago is defintely a weird situation.

Their management group used to be the gold standard of how to run a team in the salary cap era, but the last couple seasons they’ve just made strange move after strange move.

Like trading for Saad back.....

Also a good case study on how long term bad contracts can kill competitiveness (ie Seabrook)

Hard to keep pulling the rabbit out of a hat. What you are seeing in Chicago is the regular ebb and flow (ascent/descent) of teams in a cap league. At some point, a team's success is going to catch up with them as the constant challenge of finding Cup level support players is extremely difficult over many years.

If we can't/don't win the lottery (1st pick), then I don't care who wins it.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
All the future young stars in the NHL? Edmonton is where talent goes to die.

And that isn't even much of a joking response. It isn't unfair for hockey fans or the NHL. It's just cruel to the players who get drafted by Edmonton.
Well, McDavid certainly doesn't appear to be in any hurry to get out of town! He should have already asked for a trade to his home town, if he was! ;)

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am so happy to see Les Canadians and Oilers lose. Makes my day really

I remember there was a time in this league, Chia couldn't do anything wrong. How he's a genius, a mastermind
Luckily got Seguin thanks to Carolina going on a winning streak last month of the season

Habs have it worse. They have no farm team, they have no tier 1 prospect playing right now. Drouin is overrated, Weber is just getting old. They are 3 years away from 3 years away of a rebuild

Galecheynuk was a borderline superstar I was told. They were going crazy when Matthews was picked over him for World Cup of Hockey

Alzner, yuck.

This is going to go well in Montreal.

Reactions: Anthrax442

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Buffalo 59 games 45 points
Edmonton 57 Games 50 points

So I guess they need few more lottery picks (wow)

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
It's probably the pessimist in me, but I do worry about Florida. Obviously it's worst possible scenario, but this is the Leafs we are talking about.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
It's probably the pessimist in me, but I do worry about Florida. Obviously it's worst possible scenario, but this is the Leafs we are talking about.

But then wildcard. It would be pretty much the same. Wash or pitt or bos or tampa

We are making the playoffs and not winning the division. 2nd in Atlantic and 8th are about the same this year

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Yeah Florida is lurking in the weeds with 5 games in hand, 3 head to head matchups against the Leafs and they're been on a roll lately.

That's a 16 point swing.

It's a long shot for sure but we've seen some things with the Leafs before. And yes I realize there are a slew of Wild Card teams in between. Still, the Leafs winning their remaining games against the Panthers would make me feel a lot better.

Reactions: AppsSyl

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Yeah Florida is lurking in the weeds with 5 games in hand, 3 head to head matchups against the Leafs and they're been on a roll lately.

That's a 16 point swing.

It's a long shot for sure but we've seen some things with the Leafs before. And yes I realize there are a slew of Wild Card teams in between. Still, the Leafs winning their remaining games against the Panthers would make me feel a lot better.
I agree, Florida and Detroit have been winning along with us. I would feel a lot better if they went on a little cold streak. The point difference is deceiving with the games in hand.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Sens are going to trade both Brassard and Hoffman to STL for Sobotka and Berglund.

Report: Blues and Senators in 'serious discussion' about Brassard, Hoffman

Where on earth did you get that from in that article?

While interested in the pair, the Blues would look to acquire only one of Hoffman or Brassard. The trade would also most likely not be a package deal. The Blues are reportedly making names like Patrick Berglund and Vladimir Sobotkaavailable for trade.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
some oilers fans we’re posting that McDavid tied AM in goals tonite and that we will cry about it..how pathetic are they when that teams has made one playoff appearance in 3 seasons with McDavid while we’re 2 from 2 with AM..i could care less that McDavid is the better player, i want to have the better team..also Reimer is trash trash can’t believe how many fans he had on this forum

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Hall with the OT winner to extend his point streak to 18 games...90 plus point pace this season...man is on a mission...McDavid and Hall would have been Edmonton's 200 point tandem...I thought the Hall/Larsson trade was bad when it happened...getting worse everyday...too bad, lol...

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
some oilers fans we’re posting that McDavid tied AM in goals tonite and that we will cry about it..how pathetic are they when that teams has made one playoff appearance in 3 seasons with McDavid while we’re 2 from 2 with AM..i could care less that McDavid is the better player, i want to have the better team..also Reimer is trash trash can’t believe how many fans he had on this forum

That's laughable...who cares...we got Matthews and chasing Boston and Tampa for 1st in the conference.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Hall with the OT winner to extend his point streak to 18 games...90 plus point pace this season...man is on a mission...McDavid and Hall would have been Edmonton's 200 point tandem...I thought the Hall/Larsson trade was bad when it happened...getting worse everyday...too bad, lol...
Just a horrible trade. It made them much slower and much less skilled. Chia has robbed that entire organization of so much depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad