Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Bettman did have the chance to come out behind the curtains and give the lottery ball to Arizona like he did with Pittsburg...but he figured an American kid could sell the game to the rest of the USA playing in the hockey mecca of the world that is Toronto. :naughty: I mean, look, 2 years after Toronto got Matthews, there's an expansion team in Vegas, and another coming to Seattle. :laugh:
That would have been way, way, way, too obvious! This way, he gets to troll us Leaf fans by giving us Matthews, then, after a few seasons, Matthews will bolt from us to his home town team and rip our hearts out in the process! Book it! :dunno:

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I agree, Florida and Detroit have been winning along with us. I would feel a lot better if they went on a little cold streak. The point difference is deceiving with the games in hand.

If the Leafs were to g0 just .500 in the remaining 20 games, Florida would have to go .769 to catch up.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yeah I mean I’m hoping we can have home ice vs them. I do agree that Tampa is likely out the question to catch.

There are too many remaining to say that with a certainty. We still have two games remaining against them. Those are four point swings. We have an easier schedule having played our tough games in December and January.

It will go down to the wire.

Reactions: glue

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Man what ever happened to Klefbom and D Nurse, both these guys look so bad at times

Oilers-itis

Wonder if Chia pulls a Chia, trades Klefbom in the off-season (because of his contract) and he flourishes elsewhere.

When you're getting bad goaltending and your team is that poorly defensively, everyone looks bad.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm gobsmacked by that Gudbranson contract. Every time I've seen him play, he looks like a marginal 3rd pairing defenseman. The Van GM gave up a young NHL forward and two draft picks for this player so he may be committed to see Gudbranson otherwise.

Reactions: carko32

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm gobsmacked by that Gudbranson contract. Every time I've seen him play, he looks like a marginal 3rd pairing defenseman. The Van GM gave up a young NHL forward and two draft picks for this player so he may be committed to see Gudbranson otherwise.

It's why the Canucks won't be a good team anytime soon. Benning'd.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
**** man, Boston is ****ing annoying. I think we'll be starting the playoffs down in Tampa, to be honest.
I do, too.
I really want to beat Boston because of 2013/2014 but it would be crushing to lose again.
We'll see how I feel after Saturday night :laugh:

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Update.

He’s going to get some negative blowblack on this honesty, but I really appreciate it. It’s time folks call a spade a spade when to comes to the Oilers.

I miss some of those players that speak their minds. Not just the standard we need to work harder.
Ah the days when a Roenick/Chelios would just say whatever.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I miss some of those players that speak their minds. Not just the standard we need to work harder.
Ah the days when a Roenick/Chelios would just say whatever.

the thing is. (and i love some snarky hockey players).
if he didn't get traded would he still be saying this?
if Devils and Oilers were in playoff positions,, would he say that?
if Oilers were in a player off position, and devils not...?

it's sort of like when Duchene shot off his mouth, and now look at Ottawa.
(now to be fair Hall and has been killing it for the Devils. but still).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad