Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Don't know if that's interference, but a question;

If that is interference, is there a penalty for the Vegas bench clearing to congratulate? I was always curious about that.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If we had 3on 3 there would be very little chance for goalie interference

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Buffalo is now Edmonton south. They cannot handle the good fortune and are already saying Dahlin is better than Rielly. Going to be a long season on the main boards with the two groups working together.

I really wish a more mature group had won, like the Habs or Carolina.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Buffalo is now Edmonton south. They cannot handle the good fortune and are already saying Dahlin is better than Rielly. Going to be a long season on the main boards with the two groups working together.

Don't worry about it, we got TL and we are still a better team than them

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016

LOL

And tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if Dahlin is better than Rielly by his second year. If they are claiming he is right now that is a bit of a stretch. Kid has tremendous IQ, but for a guy who is heralded for his elusiveness, he still has to sustain dominance on small ice.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
LOL

And tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if Dahlin is better than Rielly by his second year. If they are claiming he is right now that is a bit of a stretch. Kid has tremendous IQ, but for a guy who is heralded for his elusiveness, he still has to sustain dominance on small ice.

That's a pretty big assumptions since Reilly is a top 10-15 Dmen in the league.
Lidstorm didn't become Lidstorm till 23-24.
Dahlin will probably have a better career than Reilly but to say he will be better than Reilly by second year is a bit much.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Dahlin will probably have a better career than Reilly but to say he will be better than Reilly by second year is a bit much.

The new shiny toy for some people, LOL. If the Leafs become a consistent Cup contender and win a couple of Cups during Rielly's prime years, one could argue Rielly could have the better career...people forget that Rielly could skate like the wind, and he is still growing and getting stronger as a defenseman.

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
dahlin - hit
middlestadt - hit
nylander - too early to say
eichel - hit
reinhart - miss
risto - hit
girgensons - decent pick
ROR - win considering the value of Zadorov (decent pick) and Grigorenko (miss)
both Kane trades - losses
Okposo - a degrading asset signed big for the next 5 years
Vesey - LOL

I mean Buffalo is getting noticeably better, but for a rebuild that has lasted longer than ours they still have wayyyy more holes and poor depth. Their notable picks and trades have been a mixed bag, and they have done pretty much nothing positive outside that. No doubt they have a solid center core going forward. They should be able to put together a great top 9. They now have an elite 1st pairing, but past McCabe, the 2nd and 3rd D pairings need a lot of help. Beside Guhle, they don't have anyone in the pipeline. And they have no goalie (I'm so glad Lou sprung for Freddy. #1 goalies are so hard to get). It's good they got rid of that miserable $*** Murray, but their FO remains questionable. Buffalo won't turn things around unless they smarten up organizationally.

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016

I'm not making an assumption. I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. This guy is better at the same age than Hedman, the last big D prospect at the draft. D prospects generally take a while to develop but a lot of people were ready to call Hedman a bust before he broke out in his 4th year. Karlsson broke out in his 3rd. Heck, Doughty was a Norris finalist in year two. It is not a safe bet to guarantee Dahlin will surpass Rielly in his 2nd year, but I wouldn't say it is impossible.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The new shiny toy for some people, LOL. If the Leafs become a consistent Cup contender and win a couple of Cups during Rielly's prime years, one could argue Rielly could have the better career...people forget that Rielly could skate like the wind, and he is still growing and getting stronger as a defenseman.

Of course, REILLY I should awesome. He is our #1 and will lead us to Cups like Keith with the Hawks

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
dahlin - hit
middlestadt - hit
nylander - too early to say
eichel - hit
reinhart - miss
risto - hit
girgensons - decent pick
ROR - win considering the value of Zadorov (decent pick) and Grigorenko (miss)
both Kane trades - losses
Okposo - a degrading asset signed big for the next 5 years
Vesey - LOL

I mean Buffalo is getting noticeably better, but for a rebuild that has lasted longer than ours they still have wayyyy more holes and poor depth. Their notable picks and trades have been a mixed bag, and they have done pretty much nothing positive outside that. No doubt they have a solid center core going forward. They should be able to put together a great top 9. They now have an elite 1st pairing, but past McCabe, the 2nd and 3rd D pairings need a lot of help. Beside Guhle, they don't have anyone in the pipeline. And they have no goalie (I'm so glad Lou sprung for Freddy. #1 goalies are so hard to get). It's good they got rid of that miserable $*** Murray, but their FO remains questionable. Buffalo won't turn things around unless they smarten up organizationally.

Middlestadt is a "hit" while Nylander is a "too early to say"? What kind of nonsense is this? Nylander is already a proven 1st line winger...whether he could be an effective 2nd line centre if we need him to play at that position is something else.

Buffalo getting noticeably better when they just finished last and won the lottery...that's laughable...they've been rebuilding for 5 plus years and still nowhere near as good as the Leafs.

Reactions: Rumpy

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
Middlestadt is a "hit" while Nylander is a "too early to say"? What kind of nonsense is this? Nylander is already a proven 1st line winger...whether he could be an effective 2nd line centre if we need him to play at that position is something else.

Buffalo getting noticeably better when they just finished last and won the lottery...that's laughable...they've been rebuilding for 5 plus years and still nowhere near as good as the Leafs.

Wrong Nylander.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'm not making an assumption. I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility. This guy is better at the same age than Hedman, the last big D prospect at the draft. D prospects generally take a while to develop but a lot of people were ready to call Hedman a bust before he broke out in his 4th year. Karlsson broke out in his 3rd. Heck, Doughty was a Norris finalist in year two. It is not a safe bet to guarantee Dahlin will surpass Rielly in his 2nd year, but I wouldn't say it is impossible.

It should be pointed out our boy is not a finished product yet either. He's only 24. It wasn't until Lidstrom's 9th season that he started to peak.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

It is also possible that Reilly will break out next season and become a top 3 Dman in the league.
Like I said, Dahlin has the potential to become a better player than Reilly but to say he will do that by his second year is a bit of a reach.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Unlikely today, but I would hope Dahlin is better than Rielly! (Give him a couple seasons)

He's be a pretty weak first overall is he isn't a solid #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln