Around the League 42: Life, the Universe, and Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Tripp bringing up Skinner mostly unprompted makes me think he was checking hfcanes during breaks in play tbh.
I doubt it's quite so real time as during breaks in play, but it's very clear that he reads the boards regularly as part of his game prep. Many, many instances over the years.

And on that note Tripp, you should probably cool it a little on the diving allegations. Legitimate falls often look really silly in slo motion, and it doesn't take much to knock a guy over when they're already off balance and standing on a literal knife's edge. It does happen, but you have more credibility when you're not saying it about every penalty call.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I doubt it's quite so real time as during breaks in play, but it's very clear that he reads the boards regularly as part of his game prep. Many, many instances over the years.
Now that's the weirdest version of due diligence I have ever seen.

Like, he reads our GDTs pre-game and says "yup, that's a fine point". It's a mental image I'll be stuck with long time.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Cool?

But you couldn’t help but respond to those that brought him up, thus making it impossible for me not to respond. :neener:
Those who brought him up quoted me! It would be rude for me to not respond, and I’m nothing if not a stickler for hf etiquette. Everyone knows this.

But I’m up for a slap fight behind a Bojangles on request.

Ps….you’re fussy today.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Now that's the weirdest version of due diligence I have ever seen.

Like, he reads our GDTs pre-game and says "yup, that's a fine point". It's a mental image I'll be stuck with long time.
It's as good a way as any to keep a finger on the pulse of what the fans are thinking. Certainly better than the FB comments or the wierdos on twitter.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I mean to be fair it's hardly a one-time thing with Tripp mentioning something completely off-topic that we were discussing on the boards that same day.

1000004818.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The Caps have a -31 goal diff and Flyers have a -16, yet both are in a playoff spot right now. In the last 10 years, here are the teams that have made the playoffs with a - goal diff

13-14: Det -8
14-15: None
15-16: Det -13, Phi - 4
16-17: Ott - 2
17-18: None
18-19: None
19-20: Covid
20-21: Covid

21-22: Dal -8
22-23: None

So no team with a goal diff of worse than -15 has made the playoffs in normal seasons in the last 10 years, but as of right now, there are two of them in a playoff spot. Detroit, in 15-16 is the only team with a double digit number that made the playoffs. Weird.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
But will be cupless still

The Skinner argument is tiresome. No doubt he was a bright spot in a time when the team had a dearth of talent, but he's a 1 dimensional player who makes Necas look like a Selke candidate. He's no different in Buffalo and I have no issues with losing him.
One might say you have STRAWNG feelings on the subject

He must be a user here…Who is the biggest homer on hf26?
Start a poll

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
The Caps have a -31 goal diff and Flyers have a -16, yet both are in a playoff spot right now. In the last 10 years, here are the teams that have made the playoffs with a - goal diff

13-14: Det -8
14-15: None
15-16: Det -13, Phi - 4
16-17: Ott - 2
17-18: None
18-19: None
19-20: Covid
20-21: Covid

21-22: Dal -8
22-23: None

So no team with a goal diff of worse than -15 has made the playoffs in normal seasons in the last 10 years, but as of right now, there are two of them in a playoff spot. Detroit, in 15-16 is the only team with a double digit number that made the playoffs. Weird.
Has a team with a negative gd won a round once arriving at the dance?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The thing that worries me about Washington is that you damn well know they would love nothing more than to ruin our year as payback for 2019. Like, Ovi will burn himself to the ground spending every ounce of energy he has to make it happen, even at the expense of the 2nd round

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
The thing that worries me about Washington is that you damn well know they would love nothing more than to ruin our year as payback for 2019. Like, Ovi will burn himself to the ground spending every ounce of energy he has to make it happen, even at the expense of the 2nd round
How many players even remain from that Caps team? Just Ovi, Carlson and Wilson?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad