Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
The reason that Buffalo was stuck for a long time is they kept trying to jump-start their rebuild before it was primed. That Ville Leino signing may have been one of the worst in NHL history. Then by the time they were out from under that, they went and traded for O'Reilly before they had the depth to manage such a move. Basically Pegula was running the team like GM mode on the NHL series rather than letting the guys in his front office do their jobs, and the team inevitably sucked as a result. It's no coincidence that they're finally turning a corner after he gave Adams much more free reign than his prior GMs. Buffalo's issue is that it took him a decade to realize he doesn't know what the f*** he's doing with the Sabres

Ah Pegula had a classic case of Tepperitis.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Rummaging through some stuff yesterday and found this. A fun artifact considering a 36-year-old Crosby is going up against Connor Bedard tonight.

IMG_2628.jpeg

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Tommy Novak had 43 points in 51 games last season… and I spent a period and a half thinking he was Tomas Nosek.

In related news, this Tommy Novak guy has really been impressing me lmao.

If Nashville has another down year, Novak could get a rather large return at the deadline. Not as much as Jeannot because he will be a UFA next offseason, but possibly more than the stereotypical deadline pickup because he only makes $800K this season.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Novak, what a rocket of a wrister! Now, it's just one game, but that guy was raging hot to finish the year last season. The version that we're seeing right now needs to be a Cane. I know the front office isn't going to do it, but man.

EDIT: Tampa, I think, has some flaws this season, especially with Vasi's injury, but that power play is still lethal. 4-3 Tampa.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Part of me is deeply afraid that Pittsburgh is going to have one or two final magical seasons like Boston did last year. I said this in another board, but I don't think that Dubas could've played his cards any better considering the circumstances that he walked into. I don't think that they'll snatch the Metro title or our shot at the Cup away from us, but EK gives them that somewhat-thin shot of doing that.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
That shot of Hall sitting next to Bedard is a lesson for teams of how much pressure to put on a kid/man. Hall was supposed to be the next big thing. Dont get me wrong he is a solid NHLer but has never and will never live up to the hype he got.

Sometimes maybe give the kid some time and a chance without the entire weight of a franchise on his shoulders

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Wow, blatant flop by Malkin is somehow called a trip lmao, that's the shit we usually get penalized for...his foot was BARELY touched and he fell the opposite direction the touch should have sent him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad