Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I guess Marchand knew he wasn’t a fighter, but still you love to see it. I don’t think he likes losing hockey games and he knows he nearing the end of his career and they won’t always have these opportunities.

At the end he said to Domi... "you're right kid. I love it." Or "you're alright kid. I love it"

We desperately need that on our team from a star

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
We desperately need that on our team from a star
I don't think we need our stars to be whiny crybaby smurfs who attempt to injure people and act tough in the media, because the organization they're in gives them a shield, only to run away and hide behind refs to avoid on-ice attempts to hold them accountable.

He doesn't look tough in those clips. He looks like a joke.
Good to see him get crunched at the end there.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I don't think we need our stars to be whiny crybaby smurfs who attempt to injure people and act tough in the media, because the organization they're in gives them a shield, only to run away and hide behind refs to avoid on-ice attempts to hold them accountable.

He doesn't look tough in those clips. He looks like a joke.
Good to see him get crunched at the end there.
So your saying you wouldn't take a guy like Mathew Tkachuk on your team?

Reactions: PromisedLand

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You should read between the lines.
who attempt to injure people and act tough in the media
You shouldn't put words in people's mouths by incorrectly reading between lines.
Tkachuk is an idiot sometimes, but there's a grand canyon of a difference between Tkachuk and Marchand.
And our stars are just fine as they are, and don't need to be more like either of them.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It's all meaningless talk. Last year at this time, there were articles talking about Boston keeping themselves focused despite the big lead they had in the division, playing the right way, etc., etc. There is no magic formula for playoff success, or for more preparing for playoff success. Boston is something like 7-0 against Florida and Toronto this season, and I wouldn't bet $1 on the Bruins to win a playoff series against either of those teams.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I guess Marchand knew he wasn’t a fighter, but still you love to see it. I don’t think he likes losing hockey games and he knows he nearing the end of his career and they won’t always have these opportunities.

Marchand was also the one tweeting how Marner is worth 11 AAV+ easily. Effing RAT to the core LOL

EDIT; Correction it was 12 million per LOL

Marner, Matthews, and Nylander will have another opportunity to stand up and put an end to the narrative. Lets see how they respond.

Nylander at the start of the season seemed like he's had enough of the BS narrative and wanted to change it. Then in Sweden he didn't give a flying F about how well he was playing; he basically said/implied "can't wait for the playoffs to begin"

Lets see and hope :crossfing

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
My uncle (bruins fan) is happy but not as much lol. Less grind according to him from last year and he’s like we’ll see how playoffs roll.

I like the bruins, I’m very curious to see how their offseason will play out. Definitely envy the level of compete they have continued with.

IMO Bergeron and Chara laid a foundation in the dressing room that continues till now.

Absolutely hated Chara on the ice with his dirty shit; but he is heckuva person off the ice and a leader!

Caps still rocking that -26 goal differential but seem to be doing well in the close games.

I freakin' LOVE Ovi. Would never say no to more Ovi ;)

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
It's all meaningless talk. Last year at this time, there were articles talking about Boston keeping themselves focused despite the big lead they had in the division, playing the right way, etc., etc. There is no magic formula for playoff success, or for more preparing for playoff success. Boston is something like 7-0 against Florida and Toronto this season, and I wouldn't bet $1 on the Bruins to win a playoff series against either of those teams.

Why?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I mean I dunno about Toronto but the Panthers made the Bruins choke in embarrassing fashion and since then have only gotten better while Boston has lost Bergeron and Krejci. Florida is built well for playoff hockey and unless Swayman goes God mode I don't see them beating Florida if they play each other. I expect a Panthers/Canes ECF again personally

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Has anyone actually looked at the playoff record of the Bruins over the last few years? It isn't great. The idea that they are some powerhouse relative to Toronto, or Florida, is just Leafs fans doing their usual negativity thing. Boston is a good team, but so are Florida and Toronto.

I mean I dunno about Toronto but the Panthers made the Bruins choke in embarrassing fashion and since then have only gotten better while Boston has lost Bergeron and Krejci. Florida is built well for playoff hockey and unless Swayman goes God mode I don't see them beating Florida if they play each other. I expect a Panthers/Canes ECF again personally
By all right Carolina should be in the Cup final this year, but they somehow find a way to fall apart every year. Once again, they are going into the playoffs this season with a pretty sketchy goaltending situation. At least they actually added a decent offensive player this deadline.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bruins playoff history since 2017
2017: 1st round
2018: 2nd round
2019: Cup final
2020: 2nd round
2021: 2nd round
2022: 1st round
2023: 1st round

Won a total of 6 rounds
Leafs would love to have a playoff history like that. Leafs don't belong in the same category as them.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Bruins playoff history since 2017
2017: 1st round
2018: 2nd round
2019: Cup final
2020: 2nd round
2021: 2nd round
2022: 1st round
2023: 1st round

Won a total of 6 rounds
Leafs would love to have a playoff history like that. Leafs don't belong in the same category as them.
I get that most Leafs fans are emotionally scarred because of the first round thing, but any objective person would look at the bolded playoff record and consider it a failure, because that is exactly what it is. The reason Boston has attained this mythical status in the minds of Leafs fans is because of the recent history between the two teams. Put that aside, and Boston is a good regular season team (and, for one season, an almost historical regular season team) and a mediocre playoff team. This isn't Tampa we are talking about.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

Has anyone actually looked at the playoff record of the Bruins over the last few years? It isn't great. The idea that they are some powerhouse relative to Toronto, or Florida, is just Leafs fans doing their usual negativity thing. Boston is a good team, but so are Florida and Toronto.

By all right Carolina should be in the Cup final this year, but they somehow find a way to fall apart every year. Once again, they are going into the playoffs this season with a pretty sketchy goaltending situation. At least they actually added a decent offensive player this deadline.

Yeah I didn’t say anything about them being a powerhouse but saying you wouldn’t bet 1 dollar is a huge exaggeration. They could easily beat either us or Florida. They are a very good, complete team that can beat anyone in a series.

It’s not about “doom and gloom”. I just find it a ridiculous thing to say you wouldn’t bet a dollar when they are consistently a top 5 team in this league.

Reactions: HolyCrap

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yeah I didn’t say anything about them being a powerhouse but saying you wouldn’t bet 1 dollar is a huge exaggeration. They could easily beat either us or Florida. They are a very good, complete team that can beat anyone in a series.

It’s not about “doom and gloom”. I just find it a ridiculous thing to say you wouldn’t bet a dollar when they are consistently a top 5 team in this league.
If you said Boston versus Washington, Philly, Detroit, NYI, etc., I would bet on Boston every time. But Boston against NYR, Carolina, Florida or Toronto? I'm not betting on Boston in any of those series. I just don't think they will beat any of those teams in a series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad