Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Not sure there would be a market. He ends up miserable everywhere he goes, under performs, then wants a change of scenery because the situation doesn't suit him. Strikes me as the type who should invest in a mirror.
If there is a sucker, I hope the idiot works for one of our rivals.

Decent scrap between Schenn and McNabb
If I were to put two and two together, I'd think the Ullmark Kings transaction might have had to do something with him Perhaps? Pure speculation on my part and I have no backing on this one lol. But agreed a case of... "never my fault but the stars didn't align properly" :laugh:

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If I were to put two and two together, I'd think the Ullmark Kings transaction might have had to do something with him Perhaps? Pure speculation on my part and I have no backing on this one lol. But agreed a case of... "never my fault but the stars didn't align properly" :laugh:
I wouldn't be surprised if we see an Ullmark/Dubois deal at the draft/in the summer. I don't think the Bruins gets out of the first round no matter which team they play, and that will prompt a lot of changes in Boston, especially when it comes to acquiring a center.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Well if your hunch is correct I hope they revisit those discussions. If any team deserves to be burdened with an anchor contract it’s them.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

I think it was CJ who said PLD's name was brought up when the two teams were discussing a trade. Maybe a case where Boston thinks they can fix him lol

Although, PLD has stepped up lately and seems more engaged (nice play on the goal tonight). If he finishes the season strong and produces in the playoffs, the first 60 games will be forgotten pretty quickly

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if we see an Ullmark/Dubois deal at the draft/in the summer. I don't think the Bruins gets out of the first round no matter which team they play, and that will prompt a lot of changes in Boston, especially when it comes to acquiring a center.
The Bruins don’t acquire malcontents, they move them out before said idiots hurt the team……..

Reactions: CDN24 and Fogelhund

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I think it was CJ who said PLD's name was brought up when the two teams were discussing a trade. Maybe a case where Boston thinks they can fix him lol

Although, PLD has stepped up lately and seems more engaged (nice play on the goal tonight). If he finishes the season strong and produces in the playoffs, the first 60 games will be forgotten pretty quickly
I didn't know that but makes sense tbh.

I do think Lindholm will be someone they will court, if he make it to free agency
Well if your hunch is correct I hope they revisit those discussions. If any team deserves to be burdened with an anchor contract it’s them.
Sadly... the bruins have a good group that can probably be like either get serious or get benched mentality which might be a great place for him to shine IMO.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Wow another spicy prediction. Hope you are right.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I've always been bullish on PLD and his talent, but not sure why the Bruins would want to tie up so much cap space over so many years for a guy who would be going on his fourth team in eight years. He seems to be a problem everywhere he goes with teams looking for ways to get rid of him.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I've always been bullish on PLD and his talent, but not sure why the Bruins would want to tie up so much cap space over so many years for a guy who would be going on his fourth team in eight years. He seems to be a problem everywhere he goes with teams looking for ways to get rid of him.
They need a centre pretty badly, and it's not the easiest hole to fill. I agree with those who say they will also pursue Lindholm as a UFA, but for all his faults Dubois' style of play does fit the Bruins approach. Personally, I would stay far away from him, but I have no doubt there are teams who will want him if LA decides to move him.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
They need a centre pretty badly, and it's not the easiest hole to fill. I agree with those who say they will also pursue Lindholm as a UFA, but for all his faults Dubois' style of play does fit the Bruins approach. Personally, I would stay far away from him, but I have no doubt there are teams who will want him if LA decides to move him.
I agree with this. Lindholm would be the easier and cheaper option, but he'll also be 30 come the middle of next season.

Dubois' size and style may just be the right fit with the Bruins. He certainly could thrive there. But it's a risky gamble to take for a guy with a big-money contract who has a lot of red flags attached to him.

Reactions: rfournier103

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Dubois' size and style may just be the right fit with the Bruins. He certainly could thrive there. But it's a risky gamble to take for a guy with a big-money contract who has a lot of red flags attached to him.
Agreed, but since the Bruins have to trade one of their goalies anyway, bringing back a centre for that asset would be a good deal for a Boston team that doesn't have a lot of salary cap breathing room.

Reactions: rfournier103

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Milan Lucic says hello.
Lucic didn’t have a reputation as a malcontent, but when he did something stupid he was taken off the team, so what point are you trying to make exactly?

I see them going after Lindholm pretty hard.
What’s wrong with Lindholm, not that it matters because last I checked he’s not a Bruin……..

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00