Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Yeah, not sure if the Oilers were the better team overall. I thought Kings lost that more than Oilers won that. Not because Edmonton sucks or anything, but because you simply cannot have that many turnovers and especially from star players and think you're going to survive. Oilers are good enough to capitalise, and even an AHL team would have beat the Kings today when you have the likes of Doughty dishing it straight to an Oilers stick for their first goal. That is a prime bloke for the squad, and he gives them a freebie. I also didn't like the refs tonight, just kept feeding EDM 5v3s all the time. There's no way after that Englund hit that the Kings should've gotten two pens. Rubbish stuff, get a new set of these zebras.
By scoring chances, this game could have been 10+ goals for the Oilers.

Pure domination. By location of chances and, actual goals!

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I'm not really upset about them losing, that part is more or less expected against a better team in the Oilers... The thing that bugs me is that they don't give themselves a chance to win. Unfocused, undisciplined, unprepared. It's a joke.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The Oilers clearly adjusted to LA’s 1-3-1 formation by getting their Dmen to skate to centre ice and dump it in as opposed to forcing passes into the neutral zone. As a result, there weren’t many mistakes for LA to actually capitalize on. LA made a ton of errors in this one as the defense couldn’t handle the heavy forechecking of Edmonton. Not sure what LA can do to counteract this but they will need to make some sort of adjustment before Sunday to have any chance of winning the next 2 games.

Reactions: Summer Rose

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Do you dummies now believe that the Kings aren’t some secret cup contender
I have a handful of friends who are lifelong king fans and they are all expecting a first round exit but remain hopeful. I also have a handful of friends who hopped on the bandwagon in 2012 and every playoffs they think la is a Cup contender. like it's not even a question that they're going all the way.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Winning handily doesn't matter if they don't get out of the series healthy because they've got clowns taking runs at McDavid's numbers late in a 5-1 game. Same shit as the past 2 years and Kings fans still show up and play the victim.

How many injuries have Edmonton players suffered playing the Kings over the past three years?

How many active Kings players have suspension histories?

You are unhinged. Seek help.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
By scoring chances, this game could have been 10+ goals for the Oilers.

Pure domination. By location of chances and, actual goals!
Again, I agree, I think the Oilers could have scored 13, but was that because of the Oilers or because of the Kings awful decisions with the puck? From what I saw yesterday, it was more of the Kings being Pejorative Slured, which might actually make them lose the series because of that.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
La Kings "toughness" and after whistle antics don't take the Oilers off their game, it makes actually makes them come alive!

Also McDavid and Kane are Playoff performers. All who say otherwise can eat poop!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Moneypucks xgoals was 8.49-2.17. Pretty hilarriously, their "deserve to win meter" was over 98%, almost 99% for oilera. I rarely see one that lopsided

It was a hilarious ending, very Dr. Strange "1 in 14 million" by the end

But it was relatively even, as usual, 5v5 thru the middle of the game, that game flow chart really spiked once the penalties started.

Imo the game was decided upon that 4th Edmonton goal. LA made it 3-1 and was pushing pretty good, but that was the backbreaker. Don't get me wrong, they were a mess before that with self-inflicted errors like unforced turnovers (or at worst challenged pucks) and losing too many puck battles, but the game was still well within reach and Edmonton didn't really pull away with it until the circus came to town

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Little bit of a role reversal this year with LA being the one taking more of the undisciplined penalties. They have to keep this 5on5 as much as possible to keep the games close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad