GDT: Around the League | 22-23 III AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Can't wait for the Flames spin cycle going full blast with them going 1-1 through 2/3s of California but getting outscored by a total of just 9-7 in those two games despite playing a top 5 team and bottom 5 team.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
A Winnipeg win is a Calgary loss, I don’t see the issue there.
Until the Oilers are clear of potentially being caught by Seattle and Winnipeg I'd just as soon see Winnipeg lose. I also think Winnipeg is a tougher matchup for the Oilers than Calgary so Winnipeg missing is fine by me.

Actually Nashville winning last night was good though. Their chances of making the playoffs are slim but they'd obviously be the best matchup if the Oilers managed to finish first in the division. Would maybe be a bit weird for Ekholm and Barrie though.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Until the Oilers are clear of potentially being caught by Seattle and Winnipeg I'd just as soon see Winnipeg lose. I also think Winnipeg is a tougher matchup for the Oilers than Calgary so Winnipeg missing is fine by me.

Actually Nashville winning last night was good though. Their chances of making the playoffs are slim but they'd obviously be the best matchup if the Oilers managed to finish first in the division. Would maybe be a bit weird for Ekholm and Barrie though.
The only way 1st is happening now is if we sweep our games against LA and Vegas.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
NHLPA Player Poll 2022-23

A new NHLPA player poll for the year has been released. I always enjoy these.

Pretty strong Oilers representation on this one but I notice that Rogers Place is still coasting on the Coliseum's reputation. Pretty sure the ice here is average at best.

I noticed that for the best ice section most of the top 5 is locations where its cold and/or dry climate.

I wish they had the top 5 worst ice list as voted by the players. That would be a very interesting as I assume it would be Florida/California based locations. (Hot and Humid)

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Time to go bye bye stale Gary

Bettman - "But Connor, baby, this is why we have the All Star game! Best of the Best! Let me guess, it's the events, right? Well how about we change it up then? How about we do Breakaway challenges with pool noodles? Or how about we play Musical Chairs with Skates? Oh, it's not the events? Well then how about we send it further south? Maybe to Brazil? No? Ok then, you talked me into it. World Cup of Hockey in the NHL. But we can only do it in the summer time, because who wants to play hockey in cold weather? ugh!"

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
How do you do best on best when you cant have a team Russia? Do you just play them as a neutral country?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I wanted to swing by and thank the Oilers board for the advice I received a few months ago on my move to Edmonton. I'm now settled into a lease by the government buildings area. Drivesaitl and other posters advice really helped with the whole process and making it less stressful for me. I may or may not slowly assimilate into the Oilers board.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wanted to swing by and thank the Oilers board for the advice I received a few months ago on my move to Edmonton. I'm now settled into a lease by the government buildings area. Drivesaitl and other posters advice really helped with the whole process and making it less stressful for me. I may or may not slowly assimilate into the Oilers board.
Welcome to the city!

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Bettman - "But Connor, baby, this is why we have the All Star game! Best of the Best! Let me guess, it's the events, right? Well how about we change it up then? How about we do Breakaway challenges with pool noodles? Or how about we play Musical Chairs with Skates? Oh, it's not the events? Well then how about we send it further south? Maybe to Brazil? No? Ok then, you talked me into it. World Cup of Hockey in the NHL. But we can only do it in the summer time, because who wants to play hockey in cold weather? ugh!"
Wouldn't you prefer to see Connor shoot the little styrafoam thingies against a cheating Flame than an actual over-rated Canada Cup? I know I would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany