GDT: Around the League 2023-24 Volume 3: Post All-Star Break Edition

Did you watch the skills competition and All-Star Game?

• I watched both

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I watched the skills competition only

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I watched just the game

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Oh, so that’s why there haven’t been any league games the last several days

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
NHL scheduling being stupid again. Two games on only on a Friday night and neither is competitive in the slightest. Combined 11-0 win by good teams playing awful clubs tonight.

Neither game compelling after first period. To wit LA was up 4-0 after one period.

Jets took longer to roll the Ducks but never in doubt.

The NHL is basically putting two sorry ass games out on a prime viewing night and with little to no other sports on. They could be owning the Friday Night slot but instead they just shoot for Saturday full court action.

Would wonder how the NHL beancounters figure this makes sense.
the NHL is clueless when it comes to marketing the product.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
With Vilardi it seems like if it isn't one thing it's another. I can't even imagine what will keep him out of the lineup next, but I'm sure it will be something bizarre.

"After returning for one game from the enlarged spleen, Vilardi is now out 4-6 weeks with an intrusive nail fungus."
Jeezus, how is it possible that we missed getting this guy during trade talks?;):D

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So all night yesterday in the Hawks telecast of the game with the Kings is they're talking about how AMAZING Connor McBedard is (sarcasm) and how the next one just came off a 5pt game and has 8pts in last two games. Yet the game I'm watching, against a valid team that can actually defend the great one (sarcasm) was getting knocked off the puck or knocked on his ass constantly. A 5-0 cakewalk for the Kings with the game decided, and 4-0 within first 15mins. Bedard making giveaway after giveaway forcing plays.

Yeah he's a rookie, but put him against actual opposition and intensity and doesn't look like much. RNH was better in rookie season. jmo.

I'm pushing back around the hyperbole around this player. Also that the broadcast Schedule seemingly made to accomodate showing this guy. A first viewer of hockey wouldn't even have noticed Bedard last night. Was indistinguishable from the other hapless hawks. Man the Hawks are awful but how bad is it that the Ducks are even worse and manage to get whipped by such a mediocre club. NHL has a real competition problem. How many teams are just junk.

Relegation is preferable to watching matches like this. A better league would have a trapdoor.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So all night yesterday in the Hawks telecast of the game with the Kings is they're talking about how AMAZING Connor McBedard is (sarcasm) and how the next one just came off a 5pt game and has 8pts in last two games. Yet the game I'm watching, against a valid team that can actually defend the great one (sarcasm) was getting knocked off the puck or knocked on his ass constantly. A 5-0 cakewalk for the Kings with the game decided, and 4-0 within first 15mins. Bedard making giveaway after giveaway forcing plays.

Yeah he's a rookie, but put him against actual opposition and intensity and doesn't look like much. RNH was better in rookie season. jmo.

I'm pushing back around the hyperbole around this player. Also that the broadcast Schedule seemingly made to accomodate showing this guy. A first viewer of hockey wouldn't even have noticed Bedard last night. Was indistinguishable from the other hapless hawks. Man the Hawks are awful but how bad is it that the Ducks are even worse and manage to get whipped by such a mediocre club. NHL has a real competition problem. How many teams are just junk.

Relegation is preferable to watching matches like this. A better league would have a trapdoor.
Of course you're the one pushing back against the hyperbole. An 18 year kid, playing on arguably the worst team in the league with next to no one to play with, first year in the league, and coming off an injury, and he doesn't meet your lofty expectations, even as he leads all rookies by a wide margin. Not sure how people expect kids to come into the best league in the world, playing grown men, and just become world beaters overnight. Maybe give him a chance to mature and turn into a man and then you can properly judge him. But, typical and expected. By the way, if you don't like what's on, you can always just change the channel. Unless you only have CBC and CTV and sportsnet.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Come on Canes, show us that you now have the firepower to win some games where you need a few goals.

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I can't even describe what Carolina is. Seems like every year they can't generate offense lol

They get a hard on over pure defense though.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Bummer to see the Leafs winning, but since it's the Canes, that's a nice tradeoff. Should keep the bandwagoners quiet for the next week or so.

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Flames winning with no pressure

One thing I like about Carolina is how much they take the puck to the net and take more shots in traffic

Carolina could actually have a few more goals today

mkatcherin00

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Carolona looks horrendous in overtime

Now they take a penalty turnover after turnover

Matthew's draws a call for a love tap something mcdsvid gets 100x a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events