GDT: Around the League 2023-24 Volume 3: Post All-Star Break Edition

Did you watch the skills competition and All-Star Game?

• I watched both

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I watched the skills competition only

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I watched just the game

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Oh, so that’s why there haven’t been any league games the last several days

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The league returns to action tomorrow night to kick off the post all-star break portion of the season. Some teams have already played 50+ games while the Oilers start the back half campaign with a league-low 45 games played, so they’ll be busy these next two months.

Some GMs are starting to make moves on the trade front with the deadline about a month away. Craig Conroy apparently has just Patrik Allvin’s number in his list of GM contacts with Zadorov and Lindholm already traded there in separate deals and chatter Tanev could be headed back to Vancouver in a third deal.

NHL players are also headed back to the Olympics in 2026 so we’ll be able to finally see McDavid and Draisaitl represent their countries on the world stage.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm the All Star Grinch...lol
Aside from some peripheral interest in the skills competition I find this entire All Star stuff to be a complete waste of time.
Tried to watch some of the game but just gave up. Just brutal to watch.
Aside from taking your kids I really cant see why an adult would waste his/her time and money on this. McDavid (won a million $) and Draisaitl enjoyed themsleves....thats something.
At least the team got a rest and hopefully healed some bumps and bruises.
Thats a positive I guess. :D

Last edited:

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Your chance to watch Roco Grimaldi in the AHL All-star competition is about.

BONUS: Drew Remenda

Last edited:

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Excited for the stretch run and I would love for the nucks to hit a rough patch of to watch the team/market have a massive panic attack
They certainly could. They have had a very easy schedule so far. 3 games against EDM where they were absolutely reeling and bottom of the barrel. They also played Seattle when they were reeling. Big comeback win against NYR meanwhile we blow 2 goal leads to FLA and Tampa and also lose to Tampa again when Vasi became Hasek. Dallas we should have won. Got goalied bigtime.

Canucks are about 0.500 against the top 10 teams. Easily could be sub 0.500

They play pretty good teams this month though. A couple weaker teams.

On the other hand, them cruising to the playoffs and then losing game 1 would be hilarious.
I want to get that division title and see a Van/Veg matchup. That would be a nice watch

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Keeps getting better, GO LA, just put your head down and plow through.

As an assistant DJ Smith is actually good.

No idea how adept he is technically, but players LOVE him. If their room is currently in a mopey state, which it probably is, he is actually a really good person to help that.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
As an assistant DJ Smith is actually good.

No idea how adept he is technically, but players LOVE him. If their room is currently in a mopey state, which it probably is, he is actually a really good person to help that.
It's an assistant to Blake though, to help the GM lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad