GDT: Around the League 2023-24 Volume 3: Post All-Star Break Edition

Did you watch the skills competition and All-Star Game?

• I watched both

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I watched the skills competition only

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I watched just the game

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Oh, so that’s why there haven’t been any league games the last several days

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

A crash is coming for them, and it will be loud.

I feel like I'm watching the old Oilers movie with them, except they have goaltending the Oilers have never had which is elevating them even further ahead than they should be. Remember how out of sorts and helpless we were when our scoring dried up a bit after a run of hot PP and hot McDrai? That's what they're in for.

It's hard to go from everything just working for no reason other than you showed up to having things even slightly not work as well. Just look at the Kings.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
An olive branch to orgs that obviously knew these guys were going to be hauled in. After the Hawks thing, nothing surprises me about this league anymore.

There should be 0 cap relief unless they're acquitted or the charges are dropped. Who cares if it's years later?
This is a joke right? right?

FFS the respective teams surreptitiously and dishonestly continue to have said players in lineup playing them until the last moment and then get rewarded with cap relief for basically being cretins.

It was their cup win. Banner raising ceremony is at the next home game.
I was days early with this joke. heh

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

FFS the respective teams surreptitiously and dishonestly continue to have said players in lineup playing them until the last moment and then get rewarded with cap relief for basically being cretins.

Speaking from someone with a bit of legal experience, everything about this is a legal minefield for all parties, especially in a union/CBA environment.

Suspend a player that hasn't been charged on suspicion he'll be charged? Instant PA grievance, not to mention the potential for a defamation suit from the player, who on paper, had done zero wrong to that point.

If you want to fault the Devils for re-signing McLeod this last off season, then you might have a case there (assuming that there isn't more to the story here that puts McLeod in a better light), but for players under contract there isn't much you can do without opening Pandora's box legally.

Pretty much any complaint I see about this case are in the realm of why weren't names named, why isn't the report public, why did it take so long, why aren't they arrested, why aren't they suspended, etc is entirely related to the spectre of a massive legal problem. If any player gets publicly accused of something by any party other than the police and it ends up to not be true, somebody is going to be paying the piper, especially in the case of a player like Hart where the damages could easily be in the tens of millions.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
That Fiala trade is looking ugly for L.A
Faber is a tier above Owen Power , him and Jake Sanderson are the two best u23 defenders in the game

Reactions: andora

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
A crash is coming for them, and it will be loud.

I feel like I'm watching the old Oilers movie with them, except they have goaltending the Oilers have never had which is elevating them even further ahead than they should be. Remember how out of sorts and helpless we were when our scoring dried up a bit after a run of hot PP and hot McDrai? That's what they're in for.

It's hard to go from everything just working for no reason other than you showed up to having things even slightly not work as well. Just look at the Kings.
It's a few things. Everything is going in for 7/8 of their players. Way too many career years shooting % wise.

Also, they have a lot of UFAs and a big RFA.

They are going to look different next year, Right now, they are just rolling/ have good chemistry in the bottom 6 and 1 top 6 line, and going with it. Nothing wrong with that. They are going to be let down though eventually. It always happens.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Could be I’m misreading your post but I think we’re saying the same thing.

The teams should be punished, not rewarded. There’s no way they didn’t know they would be under investigation and taken out of the roster. There’s a reason there were rumours of Hart being available for trade and nothing ever happening.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Could be I’m misreading your post but I think we’re saying the same thing.

The teams should be punished, not rewarded. There’s no way they didn’t know they would be under investigation and taken out of the roster. There’s a reason there were rumours of Hart being available for trade and nothing ever happening.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad