Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Scheifele >> Horvat
Wheeler >>> any other Canuck

It's tough luck for the Canucks, but it's probably best for them to really tank this year in any case.

Was just comparing it that way because the three guys playing top line minutes are all injured now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah Boeser was probably a shoe in for a finalist and likely winner if he kept it up. But I agree they could definitely use another prospect. Pettersson and Horvat aren't a bad 1-2 punch down the middle neither of them look to have that franchise potential yet but one of them could surprise in their development, plus they have Dahlen. Juolevi has 2-3 D potential and Pouliot isn't a bad top 4 option. Boeser has franchise winger potential and Goldobin, Gaunce and Virtanen are decent long term bottom 9 guys. Plus Gadjovich and Lind have some decent potential as well. They have a wild card goalie in DiPietro as well.

Getting Dahlin or Svechnikov could go a long way to helping them rebuild without tearing things down which would be really lucky for them.

Yea the Nucks could sorely use a very high game breaker type asset. They are due for lottery luck and this is a great draft year to have the hockey gods shine on them.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yea the Nucks could sorely use a very high game breaker type asset. They are due for lottery luck and this is a great draft year to have the hockey gods shine on them.

Dahlin could really help turn them around. They wouldn't be a contender yet but they'd have the pieces in place to make a push towards being a playoff team. I just feel something stupid is going to happen and Pitts will miss the playoffs and win the 1st overall pick...

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Leafs are playing an afternoon game tomorrow and it's not a holiday. Weird. Baseball like.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
N
Not with sedins. Canucks will not pick first until the twins are gone. They were a blessing but now curse!

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Goalies, they're special! :heart:
(Finnish junior hockey)

See what happens when impressionable kids are allowed to watch Seinfeld? :nod:

source.gif

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
OMG the Penguins D zone coverage is really really really really bad. Amazing keystone cop sequence after the Avs missed a 3 on 0 break

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
With Colorado's win tonight, it is now over 40% of the way through the season and every team in the Central division is above .500; even the last place Avs are still a non-trivial ~20% to make the playoffs. And the bottom team three teams only have an aggregate -5(!) goal differential, or -1.7 average each.

Just imagine if all 7 teams were above .500 and above =0 goal differential this late in the season, while FIVE teams in the Titanic Division (pardon me, the Atlantic Division) are below .500 with a combined -110(!) goal differential, or -22 average each.

Absolutely unreal.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 12.19.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 12.19.01 AM.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 8

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
With Colorado's win tonight, it is now over 40% of the way through the season and every team in the Central division is above .500; even the last place Avs are still a non-trivial ~20% to make the playoffs. And the bottom team three teams only have an aggregate -5(!) goal differential, or -1.7 average each.

Just imagine if all 7 teams were above .500 and above =0 goal differential this late in the season, while FIVE teams in the Titanic Division (pardon me, the Atlantic Division) are below .500 with a combined -110(!) goal differential, or -22 average each.

Absolutely unreal.
The Metropolitan might be even better - every team is above .500 and only 8 points separate first from last.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Who knew that giving 16.4 million dollars to a career backup goalie could possibly backfire?

Darling has been absolute dogshit in the first period. Not that the rest of the team has shone either, though.

Reactions: SLAYER

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
They also sent Chicago a third round pick
It is expontentially worse to commit significant dollars to a bad goaltender for four years than to pay a mere third round pick. There is literally no way to get rid of an overpaid goaltender that does not include a buyout.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It is expontentially worse to commit significant dollars to a bad goaltender for four years than to pay a mere third round pick. There is literally no way to get rid of an overpaid goaltender that does not include a buyout.

I am glad the goalie we signed in the offseason was just a two year deal and I'm glad we did not throw away our third round pick in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce