Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Sometimes when your losing big late in the game it would be better not to start something with a willing combatant.
Kassian was the one who wanted to go. Dubinsky had been running around a bit - taking shots at Edmonton's skilled guys in a game that was well out of reach - and kind of reluctantly (and foolishly, it turns out) decided to drop the gloves. Don Cherry Justice...

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Central- a division where no team ever seems to loose. It's getting ridiculous

RedWings now have 1 win in the last 11 games and that one win was against the Jets :(

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Central- a division where no team ever seems to loose. It's getting ridiculous

RedWings now have 1 win in the last 11 games and that one win was against the Jets :(
You do like to hold onto things. No season goes buy for any team without losing the odd game they should have won. As long as the players have short memories, remain resilient and keep moving forward I think we will handle all of a season's setbacks quite well.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I found an AMAZIN assist by Filip Forsberg against the Canucks late night on the main board. Sure... it's 7-1 and end of the game and whatsoever but that stick handling to go around his defenseman is insane. Nicest play I've seen this season yet.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I found an AMAZIN assist by Filip Forsberg against the Canucks late night. Sure... it's 7-1 and end of the game and whatsoever but that stick handling to go around his defenseman is insane. Nicest play I've seen this season yet.
I agree , really nice play but man Vancouver was just awful and that goalie , was he called up from a sponge hockey team , he was horrible .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kassian was the one who wanted to go. Dubinsky had been running around a bit - taking shots at Edmonton's skilled guys in a game that was well out of reach - and kind of reluctantly (and foolishly, it turns out) decided to drop the gloves. Don Cherry Justice...

Dubinsky can play a bit cheap at times and likes to rough up the Crosby's and star players of the NHL and it looks like this time it bit him in the ass. Should have kept his gloves on and avoided the fight.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I found an AMAZIN assist by Filip Forsberg against the Canucks late night. Sure... it's 7-1 and end of the game and whatsoever but that stick handling to go around his defenseman is insane. Nicest play I've seen this season yet.
That guy is worth TWO Erats!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
He even f***ing nutmegs Edler with his backhend no-look centre pass :laugh: I honestly didn't even catch that the first 10 times I watched the video :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Boeser's ankle was busted last night against Calgary. Blocked a shot with it and immediately went down and left the game. That's a bummer for the Canucks.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Boeser's ankle was busted last night against Calgary. Blocked a shot with it and immediately went down and left the game. That's a bummer for the Canucks.

Yikes Horvat and now Boeser......Nucks are done. Small silver lining is Vancouver could use another high end prospect badly and they were almost playing too well earlier this season. I feel bad for the kid though he was having a borderline Calder level season.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

That sucks. He's a fun player player to watch, and since Bo went down one of the few signs of life in the corpse that has been the Canucks.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yikes Horvat and now Boeser......Nucks are done. Small silver lining is Vancouver could use another high end prospect badly and they were almost playing too well earlier this season. I feel bad for the kid though he was having a borderline Calder level season.

Imagine if Scheifele Wheeler and Connor all went on IR at the same time. I think he was the favourite for the Calder actually.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Yeah Boeser was probably a shoe in for a finalist and likely winner if he kept it up. But I agree they could definitely use another prospect. Pettersson and Horvat aren't a bad 1-2 punch down the middle neither of them look to have that franchise potential yet but one of them could surprise in their development, plus they have Dahlen. Juolevi has 2-3 D potential and Pouliot isn't a bad top 4 option. Boeser has franchise winger potential and Goldobin, Gaunce and Virtanen are decent long term bottom 9 guys. Plus Gadjovich and Lind have some decent potential as well. They have a wild card goalie in DiPietro as well.

Getting Dahlin or Svechnikov could go a long way to helping them rebuild without tearing things down which would be really lucky for them.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Imagine if Scheifele Wheeler and Connor all went on IR at the same time. I think he was the favourite for the Calder actually.

Scheifele >> Horvat
Wheeler >>> any other Canuck

It's tough luck for the Canucks, but it's probably best for them to really tank this year in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad