Around The League - 15-16 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So today the all-star jerseys came out, all-star rosters came out, a smallish (but still significant) trade happened, a former star rejoined the league and a blockbuster happened. :amazed: This is awesome. :D

Seems weird they would pressure him to retire but makes sense. Presumably he will get more playing time or else he would've just stayed in Philadelphia for more money/years.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't see why the Kings needed Lecavalier.

They better hope he keeps his word and retires.

Hope he decides not to retire and saddles them with his contract after the fiasco with getting out of Richards' contract. That would be karma.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I swear that game against you guys last night was a part of Poile pulling the trigger on the trade today. Thanks.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I swear that game against you guys last night was a part of Poile pulling the trigger on the trade today. Thanks.

Thank Shane Doan. If he doesn't go full Caterpillar Construction over Pavelec, Hellebuyck is stopping pucks against the Lake Erie Monsters, and you guys likely win last night 4-2.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
No. Not Nuge. I want Eberle. We need some top end winger talent to make up for Ladd not re-signing with the Jets.

I don't think I'd want Eberle. We have plenty of potential top end wingers in the org. Ehlers, Connor, Roslovic, Armia among some other guys. What we need is a Top end two-way center IMO. Or a franchise defencemen.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I don't think I'd want Eberle. We have plenty of potential top end wingers in the org. Ehlers, Connor, Roslovic, Armia among some other guys. What we need is a Top end two-way center IMO. Or a franchise defencemen.

If we have a winger capable of stepping into Ladd's shoes next season, I'm all over that. We have our depth of C right now, and I'm sorry, but Nuge is not a C you build around. I'd much rather want Draisaitl than him. Oh man, I think I would do a Trouba for Draisaitl trade. Not right now, though. Wait until after the contract extension and see how Drai does in his second season in the NHL.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If we have a winger capable of stepping into Ladd's shoes next season, I'm all over that. We have our depth of C right now, and I'm sorry, but Nuge is not a C you build around. I'd much rather want Draisaitl than him. Oh man, I think I would do a Trouba for Draisaitl trade. Not right now, though. Wait until after the contract extension and see how Drai does in his second season in the NHL.

I personally don't think we need anyone to step into Ladd's shoes next season. Ehlers will have a full year of experience under his belt and may be ready for top 6 time full-time. Armia may be a mainstay in our bottom 6 and I imagine a few other guys will get a look as we go into a bit of a mini-rebuild. If we get lucky we get a top 4 pick and add another prospect to the pool. 2 of which may be NHL ready (Matthews, Chych) and 2 others that can at the very least join the Moose next season (Pulju, Laine). Hopefully Chevy goes hard on the NCAA guys (Connor, Roslovic, Appleton) and the Moose will be absolutely stacked! Woo! But I have doubts that least part happens.
I do love Draisaitl though. Would definitely think about that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad