Around The League - 15-16 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So the cap hit goes away if he retires but I still have to wonder at him turning his back on 6 mil.

Apparently the Kings wouldn't do the deal unless he was willing to retire. Vinny wants one more chance at a cup and lets face it he's already an insanely rich man with the Tampa buyout money still rolling in for years.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lecavalier's contract isn't a 35+ deal. No recapture penalties

Dreger was mentioning Vinny may be retiring after this season. Not sure if that plays into this.

Woops I noticed this might have been posted on the previous page lol.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Apparently the Kings wouldn't do the deal unless he was willing to retire. Vinny wants one more chance at a cup and lets face it he's already an insanely rich man with the Tampa buyout money still rolling in for years.

Makes some sense then. I would have thought that kind of arrangement would break some rule somewhere. Credit to Vinny for wanting a chance at the SC. Maybe he digs down and finds a half season of hockey remaining in him.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Healthy scratch for the Flyers 20 times this season but he's a fit for the Kings? Playoff depth......I guess?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
What's going on today? This is crazy. Was everyone waiting to see the rosters for the ASG before pulling the trigger on some deals? :laugh:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So the cap hit goes away if he retires but I still have to wonder at him turning his back on 6 mil.

He's still making lots of money on his Tampa Bay buyout for quite some time. I think his body is so completely broke down that 6 million probably isn't worth it to him.

Dumb trade by LA. Sutter wasn't a big fan of Weal's. He is a small guy that sees the ice well, but can't play wing and doesn't have top end speed (whoever brought up Petan is a good example). But if they wanted to deal Weal they could have gotten a much better deal, IMO.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ended up being Johansen for Jones straight up.

Major blockbuster

Number 1 centre that might be a bit lazy for a possible top pairing D man in a team that is literally overflowing with D talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad