Around the League - 15/16 Edition: Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I'm just going to end this here because you aren't really seeing this clearly because you dislike refs. It's not unwarranted but i hate refs too. It's just blinding you.

It's not my dislike but it's the whole idea that the players have to work around the refs I used to think that the unselfish refs would do anything like jump on the teams ledge of the bench to get out of the way. NONE of them do that anymore, players are there to play the game, and a ref's main objective should be never get in the way, it should be secondary to be trying to see every little thing. Getting out of the way is the main thing, that's how I feel

McDeathbyCheerios*

It's not my dislike but it's the whole idea that the players have to work around the refs I used to think that the unselfish refs would do anything like jump on the teams ledge of the bench to get out of the way. NONE of them do that anymore, players are there to play the game, and a ref's main objective should be never get in the way, it should be secondary to be trying to see every little thing. Getting out of the way is the main thing, that's how I feel
Which is fair however in this case it is extremely hard to lay any fault in Henderson unless you have an agenda.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

The cop comparison is ridiculous in so many ways.

Hockey is a contact sport. Hitting someone is part of the game. Many people put themselves willingly in dangerous situations for games, sports, and even work. By putting yourself in those situations common sense needs to take precedence and you realize you can be hurt accidentally.

Even further than that you can't compare a games rules to the law.

It's beyond ridiculous to compare an assault to hitting a guy to get out of your way to the bench after being clobbered yourself.

By that logic the guy who hit Wideman should have been suspended as well. Cause he assaulted a player in an "illegal" manner.

Real life or in this game, accidents happen. Whether it's to a regular person or to a figure of authority the punishment needs to be fair.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
jebus what is wrong with Tampa. Have a 4-1 lead in 3rd period, then completely implode giving up 4 straight goals to the lowly Winnipeg Jets. wow. :amazed:

There is nothing dominant about the Lightning this year and don't deserve to make the playoffs.

edit

just like always Tampa wins in OT in a shoot out.

Calgary Flames East. I keep saying.

Last edited:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The cop comparison is ridiculous in so many ways.

Hockey is a contact sport. Hitting someone is part of the game. Many people put themselves willingly in dangerous situations for games, sports, and even work. By putting yourself in those situations common sense needs to take precedence and you realize you can be hurt accidentally.

Even further than that you can't compare a games rules to the law.

It's beyond ridiculous to compare an assault to hitting a guy to get out of your way to the bench after being clobbered yourself.

By that logic the guy who hit Wideman should have been suspended as well. Cause he assaulted a player in an "illegal" manner.

Real life or in this game, accidents happen. Whether it's to a regular person or to a figure of authority the punishment needs to be fair.

This makes no sense.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Kings are going to need to turn things around. Scoring has dried right up and only won 1 game in their last 5 since they had that big win over Boston. Playing under .500 hockey since the New Year. Not good enough at all.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

McDeathbyCheerios*

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Lol it's okay that i gave him a legit concussion because i might have had one.

The more i learn the worse Wideman looks using that as a defense.

The whole thing is dumb because the NHLPA doesn't want any suspension at all. The referee can't do his job anymore because of concussion and back problems and Wideman is calling foul!

McDeathbyCheerios*

The whole thing is dumb because the NHLPA doesn't want any suspension at all. The referee can't do his job anymore because of concussion and back problems and Wideman is calling foul!
They cry concussion with zero proof other than a facetime convo with a Dr days after where they concluded he could of had one.

His team failed him by not going thru concussion protocol

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Refs are so terribad. Hamilton runs over Markstrom without any help and not a hand up to be seen.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
I seen the goals from that Flames game. Man it really shows what good D can do. Their D was the cause of 3 or 4 goals for. Holding it along the line and making nice plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad