Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hamonic's out with an injury. Andersson will be likely called up for the Devils game

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Andersson should play with Brodie, not Stone. Leave Stone with Kulak.

Andersson can't handle top 4 deployment. You want him looking like last year's Wideman against 1st liners and losing all confidence?

It's best to have a sheltered youthful 3rd pair that has played together before (Kulak-Andersson). Of course ideally Stone would have been Cody Franson and not a possession black hole but it is what it is.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ugh this is a really bad injury for the Flames as they don't really have the flexibility on the back end to replace Hamonic.

I think best solution is to move Stone up and rely heavily on the top 4.

Play Bartkowski-Kulak for about 5 sheltered minutes in offensive zone starts only with the Monahan or Backlund lines.

The problem is GG loves that 4th line/3rd pairing so much it's hard to see him changing no matter how bad it turns out.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So, if Giordano's out too, I'd guess Gulutzan goes with
Brodie-Stone
Bartkowksi-Hamilton
Kulak-Andersson

That would be fun

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm really trying not to post here anymore, but when I read stupid shit like people crying and calling for the coaches head for not throwing Andersson to the wolves without even a full practice with the team, I just can't help but point out how f***ing Pejorative Slured that is.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I'm really trying not to post here anymore, but when I read stupid **** like people crying and calling for the coaches head for not throwing Andersson to the wolves without even a full practice with the team, I just can't help but point out how ****ing ******ed that is.

Don't worry, buddy. Our saviour Matt Bartkowski is drawing into the lineup and he'll do his best to not get dragged around by the most overrated Flame ever Brett Kulak :)

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Andersson can't handle top 4 deployment. You want him looking like last year's Wideman against 1st liners and losing all confidence?

It's best to have a sheltered youthful 3rd pair that has played together before (Kulak-Andersson). Of course ideally Stone would have been Cody Franson and not a possession black hole but it is what it is.

I dunno, I feel like Andersson is a top 4 dman. If he’s going to play, I’d deploy him like one and see what we have there. If we constantly sit him or guys like him in the press box, how do know what kind of potential he has? We need to let him develop and part of that is letting a guy sink or swim. He’s been cooking in the minors, let’s see what’s there. Also if he’s playing with Brodie, I think he can handle a lot of the heavy defensive lifting so it would be putting him in a position to succeed.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Was browsing through some stats today and found something interesting, Gaudreau has points in 13/16 games so far this season. In those 13 games that he has points we have a record of 9-4, in the 3 that he doesn't have points our record is 0-3, with 2 of those losses being shutouts.

Reactions: Dack

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Was browsing through some stats today and found something interesting, Gaudreau has points in 13/16 games so far this season. In those 13 games that he has points we have a record of 9-4, in the 3 that he doesn't have points our record is 0-3, with 2 of those losses being shutouts.

He has cost us three games this season by not scoring. Put im on waivers already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad