Around the Dome 2016-2017: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And Granlund breathes a sigh of relief.

That's pretty fortunate for the Flames. Usually suspensions count against the roster limit. Maybe the league doing the Flames a solid and in exchange, the Flames/Wideman don't appeal.
probably more to do with the length of the suspension, we're talking almost 2 months here

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
38 days. So more like 5 weeks. Notwithstanding.

I didn't look at the schedule, just assumed 12-13 games a month :laugh:

Also 20 games in 38 days? Yikes, that is going to be tough on the guys

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I didn't look at the schedule, just assumed 12-13 games a month :laugh:

Also 20 games in 38 days? Yikes, that is going to be tough on the guys

Yeah, it's an uber-compressed schedule apparently.

I didn't look at the schedule either, someone on Twitter did the math. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, it's an uber-compressed schedule apparently.

I didn't look at the schedule either, someone on Twitter did the math. :laugh:
that explains the NHL allowing the roster exception then :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Does that mean that I am invited to HF Flames draft party again this year? :D
I don't get super super cheap hotels anymore, so I doubt I will be up for the draft. But maybe I can find a way to go up for a night or 2.

But if it's happening again I don't see why not; everyone was fantastic.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I don't get super super cheap hotels anymore, so I doubt I will be up for the draft. But maybe I can find a way to go up for a night or 2.

Yeah, everyone who showed up last year was super chill and really friendly, even to a random Canadian turned American like me. Would do again if all y'all will have me.

Also, I probably should post here a bit more often. I do live in the city :laugh:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Last year's draft party was really spearheaded by your visit to Calgary. If you hadn't come, we'd still be talking about meeting up one day to do something :laugh:

It would be a shame if you couldn't make this next year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Last year's draft party was really spearheaded by your visit to Calgary. If you hadn't come, we'd still be talking about meeting up one day to do something :laugh:

It would be a shame if you couldn't make this next year.

yeah, unfortunately I am looking at closer to $80 per night than the $30 I was paying before so at the very least I cannot make a vacation out of it again

it also falls on my parents anniversary this year :laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Guess Nakladal sucks in practice :facepalm:

Hopefully Treliving forces Hartley's hand soon with some trades.

Full quote:
In other words, Jakub Nakladal’s National Hockey League debut will have to wait.

“We’re not in a situation to see how a guy would do,” said Flames head coach Bob Hartley. “In our situation, we need to win. Obviously, we’re going to play the cards that will allow us to give us a chance to be in the playoffs. It’s Game 7’s every night. We’re not in a ‘trial mode and you get back your money back after 30 days if you’re not satisfied.’ We need to be pro-active.

“We have no fear; if we need to play Nakladal, we would . . . if we need to, we need to.”

So, there you have it. The 28-year-old who was recalled from the Stockton Heat on Wednesday is strictly for insurance purposes.
It's like the Brent Sutter era all over again.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly what kind of half brained reporter asks about Nakladal slotting in after a 4-1 win? Of course he is going to go with the same lineup, changing for the sake of change is ****ing stupid.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well to be honest if 100TG is that bad of a guest, he doesn't have to come.
UC is more likely to make a mess, spilling rice all over the floor and sofa. That **** is a ***** to clean up.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
If "we're not in a situation to see how a guy would do" now, when are we going to be in a situation to give new players a chance? I hate this about Hartley.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
UC is more likely to make a mess, spilling rice all over the floor and sofa. That **** is a ***** to clean up.

I would never do that!

apologize-to-the-rice-right-now.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad