Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Player mismanagement happens all the time. I'm not worried about a player that new management let go while trying to "clean house".

It happens, now say they let a player like Milano or Bjorkstrand go and they become 60 pt players I'd be singing a different tune.

Reactions: Monk

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
We can debate whether or not management/coaches failed in their handling of JAM and Wild Bill. (Personally I was high on the former, but not the latter). What is not debatable is two really good players slipped thru the cracks.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We can debate whether or not management/coaches failed in their handling of JAM and Wild Bill. (Personally I was high on the former, but not the latter). What is not debatable is two really good players slipped thru the cracks.

We can also debate whether a player slipped through the cracks or whether something the player did independently/internally changed his projection at some point in time.

We can also debate what's to be learned via this first debate.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You haven’t been paying attention then. CR is waaaayyy smarter than Dougie Mac.

Based on what exactly?

The lack of a "lifetime" career in the highest levels of professional hockey? Or the unmitigated love and devotion towards Ryan Johansen and David Poille?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
LOL coming from the "king" of faithful, undeterred devotion to hand-selected players etc.

Please, continue with this narrative. Forgive me, that I believe this team can WIN without paying Bobrovsky 8 million bucks a year. And forgive me, that I hold Werenski accountable (not the coaches or an injury) for his on-ice mental mistakes that negatively affect the team.

Or, is this all about me being a fan of Murray and Dubinsky, you know, players ON the CBJ, and that I acknowledge the positive things they bring to the team?

Forgive me, for being negatively vocal, and not faithful to a player or players who are no longer on the team.

Reactions: The Bread Man

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Please, continue with this narrative. Forgive me, that I believe this team can WIN without paying Bobrovsky 8 million bucks a year. And forgive me, that I hold Werenski accountable (not the coaches or an injury) for his on-ice mental mistakes that negatively affect the team.

Or, is this all about me being a fan of Murray and Dubinsky, you know, players ON the CBJ, and that I acknowledge the positive things they bring to the team?

Forgive me, for being negatively vocal, and not faithful to a player or players who are no longer on the team.

Last I checked, Werenski and Bobrovsky are also players on the CBJ, yet you are negatively vocal and not faithful to them.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Norman Vincent Peale would have been hard pressed to find anything positive about what Dubinsky brings to the team

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Last I checked, Werenski and Bobrovsky are also players on the CBJ, yet you are negatively vocal and not faithful to them.

Grasping at straws now.

So we have to be 100% accepting of every CBJ player and ignore any negative aspects they have on the ice, or to the organization? Or is there simply an 'HF Boards CBJ Scapegoat' list somewhere that I have to follow?

Also, very interesting stance, coming from somebody who has spent the last 2 years expressing just how bad they thought the entire team was as a whole. It's not going to be easy to explain how a "not even" or "barely" bubble team has made the playoffs 3 years in a row.

And to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with Werenski. I'd like him to focus more on playing actual defense and not play such an "open" game. And his cap hit on his next contract should absolutely be less than Jones. And I think the impact that he and Murray have on the ice, is NOWHERE near as wide as many people (would like to) believe. Remember, 'impact' does NOT mean 'goals scored'.

Bob can "peace out" after this year, unless he signs for 5.5-6 mil a year, IMO.

Reactions: The Bread Man

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Norman Vincent Peale would have been hard pressed to find anything positive about what Dubinsky brings to the team

Back-to-back-to-back playoff appearances.

The REDUNDANTEERSTM,are not holding the team back as much as some people are and have been attempting to claim.

1 too many "to-back's", you say?

Broiled, baked, or fried?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Grasping at straws now.

So we have to be 100% accepting of every CBJ player and ignore any negative aspects they have on the ice, or to the organization? Or is there simply an 'HF Boards CBJ Scapegoat' list somewhere that I have to follow?

Also, very interesting stance, coming from somebody who has spent the last 2 years expressing just how bad they thought the entire team was as a whole. It's not going to be easy to explain how a "not even" or "barely" bubble team has made the playoffs 3 years in a row.

And to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with Werenski. I'd like him to focus more on playing actual defense and not play such an "open" game. And his cap hit on his next contract should absolutely be less than Jones. And I think the impact that he and Murray have on the ice, is NOWHERE near as wide as many people (would like to) believe. Remember, 'impact' does NOT mean 'goals scored'.

Bob can "peace out" after this year, unless he signs for 5.5-6 mil a year, IMO.

For one, this is about you, not me. I own up to my shit. I was wrong in saying they would miss the playoffs, however I was not wrong in calling them a bubble team. Bubble teams sometimes make it in the playoffs, you know. The roster may be better than what I thought/think it is, but I don't think its nearly as elite as you do.

No, you don't have to be 100% accepting of every player and ignore their shortcomings. However, you go out of your way to nit pick at only CERTAIN players (Werenski, Wennberg, Bobrovsky) and defend others (Murray, Dubinsky, Korpisalo) no matter what the circumstances are. For instance, if Dubinsky was suffering from that shoulder injury Werenski suffered from, you'd be going post to post ripping people for criticizing Dubinsky for struggling while playing injured. However, with Werenski you downplay the importance of the injury and its impact on his play. If it was Murray, you'd be calling out people for calling him injury prone.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Back-to-back-to-back playoff appearances.

The REDUNDANTEERSTM,are not holding the team back as much as some people are and have been attempting to claim.

1 too many "to-back's", you say?

Broiled, baked, or fried?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ya. The ole Duber was instrumental in making the playoffs.

I had forgotten about how vital his 23 game pointless streak was in contributing to the late season surge.

Dubinsky would have not been a top 3 scorer on the Cincinnati Cyclones this past season. He's going to be a press box fixture next season if he's not bought out

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
A combined 41 points between @JMarchessault18, @WKarlsson71 and @reillysmith18 in these playoffs.
The @GoldenKnights' Big Three look to be the difference maker in Game 3. #StanleyCup

When do people around here realize that Torts system, and player utilization is the problem ?

Reactions: Cyclones Rock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad