Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If it's not going to happen during the playoffs, it's not going to happen at any time ever.
I’m betting at some point this summer , there will be a week that goes by where this isn’t mentioned. Maybe :D. Interesting comments by Jam, that was during Richards tenure , but in all reality , are the systems that Richards and Torts play , really any different . They both like heavy players that like to check , that’s the identity they both have strived for . Unfortunately for us this style of hockey is not a winner in today’s game . How Jarmo can’t look at Jam, Wild Bill , and realize that it’s our system that hasn’t adapted to the new nhl, is beyond me .

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I’m betting at some point this summer , there will be a week that goes by where this isn’t mentioned.
We didn't manage that during the regular season, whether things were going well or poorly.

If y'all can't restrain yourselves during the playoffs, then I 100% guarantee y'all won't be able to do it during the offseason. Or October. Or November unless we have an incredible start to the season, and maybe not even then. Because y'all just can't help yourselves. It's too easy of an "argument".

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I’m betting at some point this summer , there will be a week that goes by where this isn’t mentioned. Maybe :D. Interesting comments by Jam, that was during Richards tenure , but in all reality , are the systems that Richards and Torts play , really any different . They both like heavy players that like to check , that’s the identity they both have strived for . Unfortunately for us this style of hockey is not a winner in today’s game . How Jarmo can’t look at Jam, Wild Bill , and realize that it’s our system that hasn’t adapted to the new nhl, is beyond me .
Its all Dougies fault!

Get with the program, Bread Man!

Reactions: The Bread Man

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Its all Dougies fault!

Get with the program, Bread Man!
Or maybe, just maybe, possibly - and this is only a suggestion mind you - maybe the situation is just a teensy tiny bit more nuanced than just "BLAME THAT GUY, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT".

I know, I know, that makes the problem hard to solve, and you're all about the easy solution so this is an unwelcome idea, but y'know, sometimes simple-seeming problems are actually hard. Sometimes. It happens.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
When do people around here realize that Torts system, and player utilization is the problem ?

A subjective fact. Those are cute. I've heard "the problem" a few thousands times around here.

Having said that, I've said that I think that Torts doesn't make the best roster decisions. As far as the system, I don't really place that in the column of major problem.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Or maybe, just maybe, possibly - and this is only a suggestion mind you - maybe the situation is just a teensy tiny bit more nuanced than just "BLAME THAT GUY, IT'S ALL HIS FAULT".

I know, I know, that makes the problem hard to solve, and you're all about the easy solution so this is an unwelcome idea, but y'know, sometimes simple-seeming problems are actually hard. Sometimes. It happens.

So many words. So little to say.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
TB-Caps the reverse of the Jackets-Cap series?

and just because #williamkarlsson

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So many words. So little to say.
Yes, yes, I know; I don't offer a black-and-white solution therefore it's all meaningless to you. It's really not for you anymore; it's more for anyone else who might think you have a point.

* * *​
TB-Caps the reverse of the Jackets-Cap series?

and just because #williamkarlsson
And now we move on to trolling by those who are sympathetic to the "argument".

This is why I am dead certain that if folks can't restrain themselves now, they never will.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

This is why I am dead certain that if folks can't restrain themselves now, they never will.

Just think of me as a Brad Marchand like poster. :naughty:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Yes, yes, I know; I don't offer a black-and-white solution therefore it's all meaningless to you. It's really not for you anymore; it's more for anyone else who might think you have a point.

* * *​

Coming from the model of restraint:rolleyes:

You need to look up "projection" and "self awareness". :laugh:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Wild Bill scores again . Starting to have visions of Wild Bill hoisting the cup this season , Vegas just plays at a different speed than most of the league. Hopefully the old school coaches are paying attention

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
WK had at least 2 more great scoring chances. Shot 1/5...only 20%. Regression already happening.

Vegas is such a great story. They built it all the bricks at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->