Around Hockey XX (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018

"Here in Finland we have had vilifying of meidän peli way of playing. My view is that we should not vilify. From HIFK slipped this without forcing into my mind."

IFK came from good pursuit positions, 0 to 5, to win JYP HT No Smoking Team 6-5 in the play-offs in over-time couple days ago.

Johtava renounced his famous designation earlier this season and took upon the name of Pohtiva, the Pondering One.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
In my hometown Lappeenranta, the city of humppa, Saimaan Pallo's play-off season ended in defeat yet the Miracle of the East shook hands with the faithful.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Screenshot_20180329-181830.jpg
Didn't see it posted which I thought was odd but.

OSU is in the frozen four this Saturday, along with 2 other big ten teams: Michigan and Notre Dame. Ohio State lost to Notre Dame in the big ten championship yet were still a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney. They just beat Denver who won the championship last season and now they face Minnesota Duluth who lost in the finals against Denver last season. And the winner of that game plays the winner of the ND v Michigan game.

I can't imagine the setting for that game if it ends of being OSU vs Mich.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Awesome story. There's a thread on the main boards. Lots of interviews, highlights.

Every beer leaguer's dream. I know a guy who has been the Cincinnati Cyclones EBUG (Emergency Back Up Goalie) many times who's never gotten to play. I'm sure he's geeking out of his mind about this.
Anybody know who the Jackets 3rd goalie would be?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Anybody know who the Jackets 3rd goalie would be?

There is an extra goalie at every NHL game. He can used by either team in the event that the goalies who have been dressed are unable to play. I don't know who (probably a number of guys) fills that roll for the CBJ.

I don't know exactly how it works. Say that the CBJ had one of the Cleveland goalies in the building and the first two CBJ goalies got hurt. I don't know if the Cleveland goalie would be able to play instead of the emergency back up.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
There is an extra goalie at every NHL game. He can used by either team in the event that the goalies who have been dressed are unable to play. I don't know who (probably a number of guys) fills that roll for the CBJ.

I don't know exactly how it works. Say that the CBJ had one of the Cleveland goalies in the building and the first two CBJ goalies got hurt. I don't know if the Cleveland goalie would be able to play instead of the emergency back up.

They are supposed to maintain a list of 7-8 guys that can be at the ready on any given night. As I understand it, the lucky number usually gets cushy seats and a free meal. I believe it's $500 if they actually suit up.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't we have a similar situation with that goalie from Michigan, or was that different?

Shawn Hunwick. Kind of different, as he just finished his college season. Jackets needed a backup and I believe Hunwick was actually on the bench.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Hartnell might be in trouble, what a garbage play by him

Ugly for sure, but the guy looked up at him and turned his back. It happened really quickly.

Not saying Hartnell wasn't wrong or shouldn't have let up on the hit, but the kids coming up these days don't even try to protect themselves. It's scary.

Hartnell likely gets the rest of the regular season, and 1-2 playoff games off.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
For all the flak they have gotten over the years, they are both tremendously underrated. 1300 games each and those kind of numbers, statements about durability and consistency are too few and far between.

Great players, maybe hall of famers.

I was debating the HoF question myself today when I heard the news. To me, they reach that bar. There's a high peak, with both winning the Art Ross while one took a Hart and the other a Lindsay. And the longevity and consistency is also there. Congrats to both of them on a great career.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I was debating the HoF question myself today when I heard the news. To me, they reach that bar. There's a high peak, with both winning the Art Ross while one took a Hart and the other a Lindsay. And the longevity and consistency is also there. Congrats to both of them on a great career.
Plus Olympic and World Championship gold medals to add to the hardware cabinets

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
That video of Karlsson taking a puck from his own net to keep it. :(:puppy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad