Around Hockey XVIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
St. Louis needs to put this one away. They've missed too many chances (and almost blew the current go-ahead goal to boot).

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm listening to Blues/Blackhawks and it's really something when a team seems as determined and able to exert their will like the Hawks do at the moment. I so want the Blues to win but it just feels like the Hawks are going to tie it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm listening to Blues/Blackhawks and it's really something when a team seems as determined and able to exert their will like the Hawks do at the moment. I so want the Blues to win but it just feels like the Hawks are going to tie it.

Yeah I had that feeling too, but maybe the oracle meant something about the puck hitting both posts instead.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
...you know, as much as I enjoyed watching that myself, we don't have to hear about every single good play he has here.

Well we hear about every bad play so I'd figure I'd balance it out.

Congrats to the blues. Happily wrong. My jinx worked. :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
No Kings, no Blackhawks, no Bruins, no Red Wings..

what a time to be alive

To be honest the only team I hated on was the Kings.

But a lot of teams exorcised some demons in this first round. It was a joy to watch - it is usually the best round in my opinion, maybe because not everyone is injured yet. :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Well we hear about every bad play so I'd figure I'd balance it out.

You're welcome to. But perhaps we can finally move all this "Johansen scratched his butt today" newsflash stuff to a dedicated thread. Like an "Ex-Jackets" thread.

This thread is supposed to be for Tulip and the Russians to post their weird videos and jokes that no one understands. :laugh:

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
This thread is supposed to be for Tulip and the Russians to post their weird videos and jokes that no one understands. :laugh:

Like Jori Lehterä said: "Like Ville Nieminen says, if you want pizza you go to the pizza place. If you want goals, you go to the goal."

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No Kings, no Blackhawks, no Bruins, no Red Wings..

what a time to be alive

Rangers and Wild gone too! :D

Alas, the Islanders have already prevented these playoffs from being perfect for me... but if the Preds win Game 7, it'll at least be pretty damn close to perfect. After that, all I'll need is for the Pens to get kicked to the curb.

* * *​
Wait. He did what? How am I just now hearing about this?
You obviously need to be paying more attention to events of importance. :nod:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Rangers and Wild gone too! :D

Alas, the Islanders have already prevented these playoffs from being perfect for me... but if the Preds win Game 7, it'll at least be pretty damn close to perfect. After that, all I'll need is for the Pens to get kicked to the curb.

C'mon Viqsi, that Islanders win gave us the single most euphoric moment of the year.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
but if the Preds win Game 7, it'll at least be pretty damn close to perfect.

Sorry, there are very few match ups in which I can support the Preds, the Ducks aren't one of those match ups. Go Ducks! :p

I didn't really care who won the Florida/Isle match up. I don't mind the Islanders as they are the red head step child of NY, plus Tavares is simply awesome. In round two, I'd love to see the Stars lose and I'm for the Sharks no matter who they end up playing.

So Caps/Isle/Blues/Sharks would be my preference for the final 4.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sorry, there are very few match ups in which I can support the Preds, the Ducks aren't one of those match ups. Go Ducks! :p

I didn't really care who won the Florida/Isle match up. I don't mind the Islanders as they are the red head step child of NY, plus Tavares is simply awesome. In round two, I'd love to see the Stars lose and I'm for the Sharks no matter who they end up playing.

So Caps/Isle/Blues/Sharks would be my preference for the final 4.

Same preferences for me, and the Sharks are my team the whole way. Unless the Isles keep winning me back..

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Tappara is one victory away from the Canada bowl of SM-liiga winner. Leading 2-1 against HIFK in the third period with Patrik Laine scoring the tieing one.

::

Tappara is iron as a team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad