Around Hockey XVIII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Felt a bit of sadness for Pavel Datsyuk. Tough to go out in a losing effort. If he is done he was one of the best. I really enjoyed watching him play.

can't say I feel the same

I say congratulations to the Redwings for winning exactly one more playoff game this year than the Jackets did.....with no lottery chance

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Joey with a bang up series so far.

4 GP, 0 G, 1 A, 1 PT. Getting over 18 mins a night

He's just been there that's for sure. I thought he would take over the Preds like he took over for us in our playoff series vs PIT. But I'll give him a pass for now, still lots of time to rebound for him. He looked pretty good in Anaheim

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Boy it's hard rooting for the Pens. But **** Nash. It'll be easy rooting for Washington next round

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Pat Kane and his crazy hands keep the Blackhawks alive for one more game!

It's exciting to think NYR, DET, LAK, and PHI could all be sitting at home in the next few days, eliminated. From there, anything else would be gravy. There wouldn't be many teams I'd be upset to see win the Cup (other than Corey Perry. Screw Corey Perry.)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

He's been creating chances for others at a decent enough rate; they're just not going in. Still needs to take the shot himself more often.

* * *​
Pat Kane and his crazy hands keep the Blackhawks alive for one more game!

It's exciting to think NYR, DET, LAK, and PHI could all be sitting at home in the next few days, eliminated. From there, anything else would be gravy. There wouldn't be many teams I'd be upset to see win the Cup (other than Corey Perry. Screw Corey Perry.)

I know! Would be SO AWESOME. :D

Kick Chicago out too and suddenly all my frustrations about the 2015-2016 season just cease to matter for a while. :nod:

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Hell of an effort by the Kings. Down 3-0, come back to tie it in like 5 minutes.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Looks like Michal Neuvirth is going to single-handedly try to beat the Caps. Flyers totally out-shot 44-11, but still won 2-0.

Bet the Flyers are wishing they had started this guy over Mason in the three games that they lost.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Looks like Michal Neuvirth is going to single-handedly try to beat the Caps. Flyers totally out-shot 44-11, but still won 2-0.

Bet the Flyers are wishing they had started this guy over Mason in the three games that they lost.

Agree. He played lights out. Caps were all over the Flyers he just wouldn't let them score.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
And the angst in DC is epic.

No doubt. Imagine if he brings them all the way back.

I've always thought Neuvy was good, but he never grabbed hold of a job. (Hate to turn this into a CBJ topic, but he's a prime example of a guy I'd rather have at his contract than Bob at his, given what we hope we know about Korpi, a viewpoint I realize is more than a bit colored by hindsight.)

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

And he just ripped a Crosby-esc backhand roof shot over Andersen's blocker to take the lead. :laugh:

Annnddd Anaheim tied it seconds later..:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad