Around Hockey XVII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I can answer that with two words: Stephen Johns. He was the other guy Chicago was looking at for their bottom pairing, other than Paliotta.

Outside of Pokka and arguably TvR, Chicago is basically out of decent prospect defensemen. Madness!

Wonder what Mike Reilly is thinking right about now...

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Probably.

Utter madness. I was prepared to dismiss the Bowman haters in the various Saad/Artie discussion threads, but at this rate I might be obliged to concede that they may have a point.

Just a strange trade.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just a strange trade.

Yes. Does nothing to cure Chicago's salary cap problem, gives away a top prospect, adds a D man that I'm sure Dallas fans will love to see go and a 3rd/4th liner. Yep, strange trade.

Just looked at Capfriendly again. Last night they had Garbutt at 1.8 per the next 2 now it shows 900k per so it at least does help the Hawks cap issues somewhat.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yes. Does nothing to cure Chicago's salary cap problem, gives away a top prospect, adds a D man that I'm sure Dallas fans will love to see go and a 3rd/4th liner. Yep, strange trade.

Just looked at Capfriendly again. Last night they had Garbutt at 1.8 per the next 2 now it shows 900k per so it at least does help the Hawks cap issues somewhat.

Just consider what some fans were willing to give up for him over the last couple of years. Hell we probably could have had him for Bourque and Prout.. :p

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
What makes you think this is a bad move? If you view it the same way we viewed LA's moves a year or two back. Push off future concerns for another Cup. If Chicago can win another Cup next year, this all is brilliant. They got two quality players to add to the group, and fill the role Oduya filled (if not improve upon, to be honest).

Eventually Chicago will fall apart and crash, just like LA probably will--but 4 Cups in 7 years makes that all worth it, I'd think.

I'd take 4 cups in 7 years with an impending blow up for sure... :yo:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Yep

I can answer that with two words: Stephen Johns. He was the other guy Chicago was looking at for their bottom pairing, other than Paliotta.

Outside of Pokka and arguably TvR, Chicago is basically out of decent prospect defensemen. Madness!

Johns was projected to be top pairing.. Chicago fans had realized they would lose Sharp, but the fact that they also traded Johns was a shock. My son is fuming right now Johns is potentially the best player in the deal

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
A lot of money for a 37 year old. A lot of money for decline years, but he'd get it on the market.

Makes the Dubi contract look pretty sweet considering Kesler is a 40 point player nowadays.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A lot of money for a 37 year old. A lot of money for decline years, but he'd get it on the market.

Makes the Dubi contract look pretty sweet considering Kesler is a 40 point player nowadays.

They aren't paying for his regular season play.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
CKdYFxkWEAUFkfA.jpg

5448195_.jpg

GM Jarmo Kekäläinen's hometown Kuopio is currently celebrating Stanley Cup victory.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
that's awesome...happy for him to get his day with the cup...i take it you were there?

166 miles between so no... it's kind of media event here in Finland with the public broadcasting company broadcasting it live on their website and all.

Better make the trip twice in the upcoming years with Kekäläinen and Hartnell bringing it home to Kuopio's (pronounced Kuo-pi-jo) agora once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad