Around Hockey XVII (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I was fearful of the Pens missing the playoffs and winning the lottery...then remembered that EDM own's their first...so now I have no druthers about them missing the playoffs, GO SENS GO!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Ya lost me at "lifelong Pens fan"

;)

LOL

So I guess you could say that you and I are on the same page there.

Close maybe but not on the same page. And the difference isn't the decency and respectfulness with which you've decided you don't like the team any more, but it's the fact that since I grew up a fan of a lowly expansion team in my hometown, I don't share the same casual fandom that you do.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Mother ****ing Sens. We set you up - way to blow it against the Leafs.

Btw, the playoff bar may be 97 or 98 points in the East. Those projected 94/95 points will need updated next year.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 6m6 minutes ago
Can confirm Penguins do not have lottery protection on the first round pick they traded to the Oilers.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 6m6 minutes ago
Can confirm Penguins do not have lottery protection on the first round pick they traded to the Oilers.

r1wGrCEZ4zTeU.gif

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I grew up a Penguins fan myself. Once I got into the Chill, we would go over to Pittsburgh to see a Pens game every spring and they were some of the best memories of my life. I idolized Lemieux and (still do) Jagr, and the playoff runs of '96 and '01 are still deeply entrenched in my memory. This play is one of my favorite hockey moments of all-time:

On a broken ankle, no less ;)

So I guess you could say that you and I are on the same page there. The difference is, I can't stand the way the Penguins play any more and I despise Mike Johnston with a passion and fury typically reserved for anyone from the Detroit organization, and Doug MacLean. The Penguins play the same way Johnston's Winterhawks used to - right on the edges of dirty, completely against the morals of the game, and full of whining and complaining to the refs. I like Jim Rutherford and I don't have an issue with Sidney Crosby. But I find it much easier to cheer against that team than for them.

When they hired Mike Johnston, I had a hard time figuring out what it meant. On the one hand, I wouldn't be forced to see talented guys like Brenden Leipsic and Nic Petan reduced to throwing what can only be described as two year old temper tantrums at the refs (literally, I saw Leipsic throw his stick and flail his arms around like a little baby) ... but, the Penguins would now be subjected to his bizarre leadership model. Now, sure enough, they take pot shots at goalies, dive into the boards at each little nudge, and act like they can do no wrong.

That's why I cheered for the Flyers today. And that's why I'm cheering for the Sens tonight and on Tuesday.

To be fair they had some of that behavior under Bylsma as well

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I am watching the pens crumble.. I love it
That OT point hurts though. One of the Pens remaining games is against Buffalo.

Assuming Pittsburgh wins 1 of the 2 remaining games, Ottawa now needs to win both. Pittsburgh still holds the tie breaker. Ottawa also still needs to go through the NYR but they have already clinched the President's trophy. They might start resting some people now.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
That OT point hurts though. One of the Pens remaining games is against Buffalo.

Assuming Pittsburgh wins 1 of the 2 remaining games, Ottawa now needs to win both. Pittsburgh still holds the tie breaker. Ottawa also still needs to go through the NYR but they have already clinched the President's trophy. They might start resting some people now.

Don't forget Boston. They're in the middle of this too.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
So I guess you could say that you and I are on the same page there. The difference is, I can't stand the way the Penguins play any more and I despise Mike Johnston with a passion and fury typically reserved for anyone from the Detroit organization, and Doug MacLean. The Penguins play the same way Johnston's Winterhawks used to - right on the edges of dirty, completely against the morals of the game, and full of whining and complaining to the refs. I like Jim Rutherford and I don't have an issue with Sidney Crosby. But I find it much easier to cheer against that team than for them.

When they hired Mike Johnston, I had a hard time figuring out what it meant. On the one hand, I wouldn't be forced to see talented guys like Brenden Leipsic and Nic Petan reduced to throwing what can only be described as two year old temper tantrums at the refs (literally, I saw Leipsic throw his stick and flail his arms around like a little baby) ... but, the Penguins would now be subjected to his bizarre leadership model. Now, sure enough, they take pot shots at goalies, dive into the boards at each little nudge, and act like they can do no wrong.

That's why I cheered for the Flyers today. And that's why I'm cheering for the Sens tonight and on Tuesday.

This sums up how I feel about Colorado under Patrick Roy. Any adversity and they either start crying to the officials or gooning it up, game situation and extent of adversity be damned.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
*** kings 90% are done. I'm really happy about it. Their 90% bangwagons also are done after this season.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
The Islanders failed to clinch a playoff spot last night after giving up a soft goal with 2 seconds left. Who knows, maybe we can play spoiler against them in the season finale?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The Islanders failed to clinch a playoff spot last night after giving up a soft goal with 2 seconds left. Who knows, maybe we can play spoiler against them in the season finale?

Maybe, but I'd rather have the Sens win out and see Pitt/Bos/Det miss out on the playoffs.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Don't forget Boston. They're in the middle of this too.

While not guaranteed, Boston has a game in hand and a 5 game win streak. I feel pretty comfortable that they are in unless they tank worse than Pittsburgh.

Boston also has ROW tie breaker over Ottawa.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Thats a lot, but good for Dorse.

FWIW, I'd rather have Dorse at 2.65 than Boll at 1.7

He has 7 goals and 25 points this year, 169 pims and is a +4. Not bad for a 4th liner. Albeit, a pricy one.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/show/500292

Pretty cool article about the first Columbus born player to go through the USNDTP.

On a side note, it looks like he projecting to be a 2nd round draft pick. Would be cool if he happens to be what the CBJ are looking for when it comes their time to pick. If he pans out to be a legitimate NHL player in a few years it would be a great story. I just hope if he gets picked, its because he's the right pick and not just because he's local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad