Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

There's a thought it could be a negotiating ploy, but on the other hand, NYR can't be super young everywhere. Their GM alluded to that in a media Q&A today.

There's a difference between super young and on the way out. I think a young team benefits from some vets (although it's worth pointing out they do have a guy like Marc Staal who has been around the block), but I think there's a difference between bringing in vets and bringing in impact players.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
There's a difference between super young and on the way out. I think a young team benefits from some vets (although it's worth pointing out they do have a guy like Marc Staal who has been around the block), but I think there's a difference between bringing in vets and bringing in impact players.

We don't know if ownership is pushing for him. Kovalchuk does want to be in NYR specifically though. Outside of Lundqvist, who wants to ride out his career in NY, Kovalchuk has some brand name recognition. None of the forwards have that.

was Googling, found some crazy shit:
https://nypost.com/2018/04/09/rangers-gm-backs-lundqvists-vision-for-next-season/

Henrik Lundqvist has support from general manager Jeff Gorton regarding the franchise goaltender’s statement that the Rangers’ focus for 2018-19 “has to be about winning.”

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Man are Montreal fans mad after their GM's blathering BS press conference yesterday. Too bad we don't have any more selfish wingers for them to move to center and they don't have any more young superstar defensemen.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Montreal is a total dumpster fire. But they aren't bad, they just need a better attitude. Has nothing to do with roster decisions or construction.

Reactions: MattM92

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Looking a lot more at the General Manager, myself. The "better attitude" was sarcasm based on Bergevin's press conference stating as such.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Looking a lot more at the General Manager, myself. The "better attitude" was sarcasm based on Bergevin's press conference stating as such.
Come on. Explaining your jokes? I expected better from such a high pick.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It seemed my post was misinterpreted and I can't go having people think I'm dumb.

High pick but I play a high IQ game, cerebral. Playing it conservative in my first game while I get my feet wet in a new league.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
So I do need to explain my jokes then, is what you're saying? :huh:

We have a few legit rocket surgeons on the Hawks board so I am sure nothing here will be any worse than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad