Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So I do need to explain my jokes then, is what you're saying? :huh:

We have a few legit rocket surgeons on the Hawks board so I am sure nothing here will be any worse than that.
Maybe I'm underestimating my boys. We do actually know hockey very well from on ice experience at a high level. Also a few other things but I can't remember. Maybe @Steazy Doo can help.

Reactions: Blue Liner

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Meh, I've can count on one hand in almost 10 years here the number of times I've mentioned any of my hockey experience with anything. I just come here as a hockey fan like everyone else. You don't have to have played at a high level to know the game well, let alone be a fan. Look no further than some of the ex-NHL'er analysts for proof of this...

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Maybe I'm underestimating my boys. We do actually know hockey very well from on ice experience at a high level. Also a few other things but I can't remember. Maybe @Steazy Doo can help.
I think you about nailed it with the on ice experience at a high level. Maybe explain how the knowledge is only obtainable through that on ice experience at a high level.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Meh, I've can count on one hand in almost 10 years here the number of times I've mentioned any of my hockey experience with anything. I just come here as a hockey fan like everyone else. You don't have to have played at a high level to know the game well, let alone be a fan. Look no further than some of the ex-NHL'er analysts for proof of this...

It's more of a meme then anything, I haven't played at a very high level, but you wouldn't know that from my knowledge only obtainable from playing at a high level.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Being in BC I was selfishly hoping the Canucks would win the draft lottery so I could perhaps see Dahlin live but oh well. Kinda sucks that the top three are all Eastern conference teams though.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It will be really interesting to see how the draft shakes out after the first two or three picks. Still feel 1st Overall is the only "bet your life" pick. It's not even debatable Dahlin goes. Two and three are a little bit more up in the air though does very likely go Svechnikov and Zadina. After that it's certainly wide open and anything is possible.

I was hoping Chicago won the lottery for no other reason than to watch the internet burn to the ground.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Oh, cool another retread/recycled front office guy.
Hockey is pretty awful with that. Oh you're a former iconic player? Here's your chance! Oh you failed in an attempt to run another franchise? Have a crack at ours!

Not crazy about what Chayka has done so far in Arizona, but I'll at least give them points for having the balls to try something different.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hockey is pretty awful with that. Oh you're a former iconic player? Here's your chance! Oh you failed in an attempt to run another franchise? Have a crack at ours!

Not crazy about what Chayka has done so far in Arizona, but I'll at least give them points for having the balls to try something different.

Agree, it's probably the worst sport when it comes to it. It's one thing if you've had a lot of success in other stops. There's a shelf life even with great success and you get let go, not renewed, resign, whatever. I get those kind of people getting jobs elsewhere with a track record. But with coaching, front office, and even scouting positions, once you're in you're basically in until you don't want to be anymore. Everyone just gets recycled and rehashed. Tough to break in as someone new and "unproven" at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->