Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Judging by the Ducks' GDT it seems like they were happy with Brown's debut with them. Picked up an assist too.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
It felt that Islanders have been going really well at late, so thought they might be catching up on us, only to realize we have 15 points on them with a game on hand, crazy!

Boston has played well at late and could be just 5 points behind us if they win their games in hand on us though.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
God, he's been bad. Who saw this coming? We all know he's capable of more, just doesn't seem to want to put in the work.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
God, he's been bad. Who saw this coming? We all know he's capable of more, just doesn't seem to want to put in the work.
I didn't expect him to be this bad. I also didn't expect him to magically turn into a 70+ point player like some, though.

But he's been REALLY bad. I can't imagine Bergevin keeps his job after this.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I expected Drouin to at least stay the same level of player he was in Tampa. I don't even know what happened to that guy. Whether he was playing good or bad, he was always visible on the ice and now he's become the type of player you barely even notice.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I didn't expect him to be this bad. I also didn't expect him to magically turn into a 70+ point player like some, though.

But he's been REALLY bad. I can't imagine Bergevin keeps his job after this.

Yeah it'd be hard to imagine. Then again, Molson seems to love him for some reason.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

I think Mr. Vinik is assessing the situation incorrectly here. First, lockouts are going to keep happening because looking like assholes isn't bad for business (not talking about anyone in particular. I'd vote to lockout if I didn't have a CBA, but getting there is a such an issue, and what's wrong with a provisional CBA that no one likes just to make sure that games get played?). These guys only get a few kicks at the can here too for an Olympic medal. A World Cup of Hockey isn't that, and it's been normalized because the NHL has been going since '98. Basically the belief, whether the league will ever acknowledge or accept it, is that the NHL doesn't like this Olympics being in South Korea specifically, and are much more willing to go to China in '22.

It doesn't matter if that's true or not. That's what's the perception is.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Finally finding out what happened to Paul Ranger.

I'll wait for the details of course, but I'm a bit surprised. From my understanding, people in the depths of depression aren't encouraged to withdraw from their jobs and routines.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is going to sound horrible but at the time I wasn't so sure he wasn't battling drug addiction. Lord knows it can happen to anyone. I just hope Paul is happy now. He was one of my favorites for sure

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
When do the tickets for NHL games go for sale? And would it be around the same time for the games in Finland next season? I don't want to miss out because I'm too late to buy them.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
When do the tickets for NHL games go for sale? And would it be around the same time for the games in Finland next season? I don't want to miss out because I'm too late to buy them.

When the games were in Sweden earlier this season I got an e-mail from NHL.com that I could order them on pre-sale and this was around the end of March so it might be a good time to keep an eye around that time since the games in Sweden were in November and the games in Finland will also be in November, but you can always check the place that usually sell hockey tickets since sometimes they will write when ticket goes online.

Reactions: JoVel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad