Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: Jagrbombs all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
We gave the rookies a shot. None of them really grabbed it by the balls.

"John Shannon‏Verified account @JSportsnet Flames/Jagr talks getting serious. Should know in next 18 hours...by the way, team checked with fellow Czech Michael Frolik on Jagr. 10:35 PM - 1 Oct 2017"

Make it so!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Tkachuk-Mony-Gaudreau
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Bennett-Jagr
Stajan-Janko-Brouwer

The dream :rolleyes:

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Wasn't on the Jagr train before, but Sam deserves it, if they're so hell bent on playing him in the bottom six.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Wasn't on the Jagr train before, but Sam deserves it, if they're so hell bent on playing him in the bottom six.

Treliving has gone on record multiple times saying it's a "3 line league" .

If we sign Jagr I assume he'll be with Bennett and Versteeg and they should get fairly decent minutes.

Ignoring what he brings in game, he should bring a ton to our young players who are learning to play a power forward game, ie. Tkachuk and Bennett.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Treliving has gone on record multiple times saying it's a "3 line league" .

If we sign Jagr I assume he'll be with Bennett and Versteeg and they should get fairly decent minutes.

Ignoring what he brings in game, he should bring a ton to our young players who are learning to play a power forward game, ie. Tkachuk and Bennett.

When I say "third line", I mean "the one that plays less than the Backlund line and the Monahan line", if that makes you feel better. All three lines play a lot of important minutes but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that Bennett's line is anywhere near as important as Backlund's.

In that Shannon tweet quoted above he even specifically uses the term "3rd line minutes". The phrase "3 line league" as Treliving uses it simply means you don't rely on your top six to produce for you, hence the idea of acquiring Jagr in the first place.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

For good luck...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What good will it do when Bennett doesn't have the hockey IQ to effectively use his linemates?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If they sign him, it doesn't mean Bennett-Jagr is set stone for the entire year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If they sign him, it doesn't mean Bennett-Jagr is set stone for the entire year.

True, but it’s a good place to start. Bennett doesn’t mesh well with Brouwer. Having a guy who can be a puck hog and score 40-50 points is what Sam needs in his wing.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Assuming they don't keep Jagr with Bennett

Gaudreau-Monahan-Jagr
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Versteeg

looks like a decent top 9. 4th line will be a rotating party

first thing first, please please sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events