Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: Jagrbombs all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure how he is Bouma.

He had better CHL numbers, better AHL numbers and so far has better NHL numbers.

Before his outlier season Bouma had a season or two in AHL with bad offensive numbers and a full NHL season with poor offensive numbers.

Anderson had a decent AHL season and this past season was his first full time NHL season.

Sure this could be an outlier like Bouma but there is no where near the signs that Bouma had prior to his one big season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, I'm not sure where the Bouma comparison would come from. Bouma's career year was a big surprise. Anderson's season last year was not only unexpected, I would argue that his statistical output was low for what he was providing on the ice.

Now, that said, the more I think about it, I really don't think the Flames have set themselves up to have room to add him.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Anderson's not really a player I covet. Basically Matt Belesky 2.0

As a general rule, if a player is:
- Not a 1st liner
- A winger
- Big and considered physical

you're probably going to get bad value in return

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I heard Jagr signed with Kladno which he owns. He's free to terminate his contract at any point.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Bouma's single season career high in points is higher than Anderson's current best.

Anderson never broke a PPG in the CHL (Bouma didn't either).

Not sure why he is so coveted all of a sudden. He only put up 17 goals and 12 assists and nothing in his past would suggest his ceiling is much higher.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He is probably coveted for the same kind of reasons that many Flames fans don't want to move Ferland and want to keep him on the top line despite only putting up 15 goals and 10 assists.

People see more than just points in his game and think that there is more offense possible in his game. I don't think anyone expects 80+ points and maybe not even 60+ points, but watching him play there is a lot to like about his game and reason to think that this isn't just a fluke season.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Josh Anderson is a nice young player. In all honesty, he’s what we hope Lazar is going to become. So based on that we just gave a 2nd last year for Lazar, we aren’t getting or rather going after Anderson.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Josh Anderson is a nice young player. In all honesty, he’s what we hope Lazar is going to become. So based on that we just gave a 2nd last year for Lazar, we aren’t getting or rather going after Anderson.

Lazar for Anderson E6

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I'd lose my mind if the Flames made this offer.

Josh Anderson is not that good people. He is literally Lance Bouma 2.0.
Agreed. Hes holding out because his agent think hes worth more than he actually is. And he hasnt done much in the NHL so far. Not the type of player Id trade for or want on my team.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Depending on how the rest of training camp plays out, I wouldn't mind putting a claim in on Josh Leivo if he winds up being placed on waivers.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Depending on how the rest of training camp plays out, I wouldn't mind putting a claim in on Josh Leivo if he winds up being placed on waivers.

It would be criminal if the Flames didn't. He's almost certainly an upgrade in the bottom 6.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think he'd fit insanely well with Bennett.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Leivo - Bennett - Versteeg/Brouwer
Lazar - Stajan Versteeg/Brouwer

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Anderson holding out makes sense for him. Cash in on the good year, or he gets to one of the highest profile team members on the Olympic squad, which is something he'd normally never get a chance to do. If I was in that position I'd be tempted to try to sign a 1 year deal in Europe and go for Olympics. That's quite possibly a once in a lifetime chance for a player like him

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I know were all excited about Jankowski, but what about using him in a package to acquire galchenyuk?

Habs fans are saying that hes in Julien and bergevins dog house. Still only 23 and locked up for 4 years at 4.9 million. Would look great on the top wing and give us another legit shooting threat.

Janko+Kylington+Brouwer for gally
We give up a bit extra prospect wise to escape Brouwer contract, montreal gets an a grade centre prospect and a puck moving lhd.

Gaudreau- monahan- Tkachuk
Galchenyuk-backlund-frolik
Ferland-Bennett-versteeg
Hathaway-stajan-lazar

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Montreal's offense is already weak as it is, I can't see them moving Galchenyuk for non-NHL maybes.

If they were going to move him why not to Colorado for Duchene? That makes a lot more sense for what they need and where they team is.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I know were all excited about Jankowski, but what about using him in a package to acquire galchenyuk?

Habs fans are saying that hes in Julien and bergevins dog house. Still only 23 and locked up for 4 years at 4.9 million. Would look great on the top wing and give us another legit shooting threat.

Janko+Kylington+Brouwer for gally
We give up a bit extra prospect wise to escape Brouwer contract, montreal gets an a grade centre prospect and a puck moving lhd.

Gaudreau- monahan- Tkachuk
Galchenyuk-backlund-frolik
Ferland-Bennett-versteeg
Hathaway-stajan-lazar

I wouldn't. The Flames have been very patient with Jankowski, I can't see him being dealt. Also no a fan of Galchenyuk.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I expected better from you AS.

ofY01NZ.gif

Reactions: Anglesmith

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I have to say I have been against signing Jagr for a few reseasons (already full roster, his super slow play and questions about if Gulutzan would use him properly) but when I saw that tweet by Lebrun I got pretty excited, so I guess I actually am excited by the possibilty of him signing (which means it won't get done now, sorry guys).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad