Seravalli: Arizona looking to improve their roster, will not be taking cap dumps or trading Keller/Schmaltz/Crouse

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Arizona is a nice place to live during ho key season. Pretty sure their taxes are low
The team has plenty of Cao room to work with if they choose to open up the purse strings
I'm sure players are much more interested in the number of zeros on their paycheck than in attendance

Reactions: Malaka

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
No hate or disrespect towards AZ fans but is this the same f***ing team that just traded chychryn 3 months ago for a near pittance? Is Stan Bowman running counsel here?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
No offense to Crouse (I'd like him on my team) but when hes listed as one of your untouchables, you're going to have a bad time. And Schmaltz is probably worse.

Rough times Arizona.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Arizona is a nice place to live during ho key season. Pretty sure their taxes are low
The team has plenty of Cao room to work with if they choose to open up the purse strings
I'm sure players are much more interested in the number of zeros on their paycheck than in attendance
If you are looking for a pay check it’s a good landing spot. Especially for those vets who should make in the $3-4.5 mill ranges but are now a luxury for the good teams should be looking to get paid by those at the bottom half of the league. Home arena situation isn’t good. But players spend most of their time at the practice facility in Scottsdale and drive to Tempe for the games.

Not sure what the goal of the team is. Trying to make themselves more decent to increase valuation of the team if a sale needs to occur? Revenues are still limited at Mullet.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Something around Rossi continues to make sense for Arizona

Grinner

May 31, 2022
If you are looking for a pay check it’s a good landing spot. Especially for those vets who should make in the $3-4.5 mill ranges but are now a luxury for the good teams should be looking to get paid by those at the bottom half of the league. Home arena situation isn’t good. But players spend most of their time at the practice facility in Scottsdale and drive to Tempe for the games.

Not sure what the goal of the team is. Trying to make themselves more decent to increase valuation of the team if a sale needs to occur? Revenues are still limited at Mullet.
I'm aureus they'd like a new stadium

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
wonder about boeser/garland here
Doubt that we reacquire Garland, i got the sense there was a rift between management and Garland

Also doubt that we acquire Boeser, from what i've read from 'Nucks fans he doesn't fit into the culture BA is trying to build

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

As an AZ fan I don’t know how I feel about abandoning a rebuild when we’re half way through, so hopefully not a huge summer when it comes to big name acquisitions.

Signing the kinds of UFAs that get 2-3aav on 2-3 year deals, rather than signing 1yr, 900k UFAs isn’t abandoning the rebuild. It’s just adding players that someone else might actually want. I’m thinking of the likes of Soucy or Clifton or that ilk.

Additionally, as long as they’re trading only for neutral value assets, rather than positive or negative, that doesn’t signal the end of the rebuild.

I’m saying there’s a middle ground between being paid picks to take Nemeth/Kassian and paying picks to bring in Hronek/Boeser. That middle ground is more like useful but overpaid players that you could get for free like Myers/Garland. We saw it last year with Pacioretty and Bjorkstrand.

I think it’s ok to improve the roster as long as you aren’t paying out picks and prospects to do it.

It doesn’t signal and end to the rebuild. It signals and end to the tank. And that’s a good thing.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Doubt that we reacquire Garland, i got the sense there was a rift between management and Garland

Also doubt that we acquire Boeser, from what i've read from 'Nucks fans he doesn't fit into the culture BA is trying to build
oh, was unaware of the former.

i was just thinking of players who can play a top nine role who won't cost essentially anything but will be "something"

actually yeah, what @rt said. the "middle ground" is what i'm assuming is their approach is here. maybe a september 1 trade for myers after his bonus is paid off. he can be a name and a deadline flip for a pick as well.

Reactions: FinnishCoyote

rt

May 13, 2004
There’s a difference between abandoning the rebuild and looking to make some gradual improvements. The Coyotes have reached a saturation point with 2nd and 3rd round picks.

This is simply an acknowledgement of the core players and the fact that the system isn’t going to benefit greatly from yet more prospects.
Yes!

In the five year span of 2021-2025 the Yotes have used or currently own the rights to 8 1st rounders, 14 2nd rounders, and 12 3rd rounders.

They’re going to lose decent prospects they can’t sign because of contract limits.

Hague and Sandin are examples of good young players who had a hard time getting a contract done on cap strapped teams last summer. Maybe there are more like that this summer. Guys who fit the age profile that could be cap casualties and had for extra picks.

Or maybe there are “change of scenery” types. Like Alexis Lafreniere or Marco Rossi. Just random examples.

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
No hate or disrespect towards AZ fans but is this the same f***ing team that just traded chychryn 3 months ago for a near pittance? Is Stan Bowman running counsel here?
the 12th overall pick is looking really good. Yotes fans are okay with the return.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I will believe it when I see it.

Especially when it comes from the same idiot that believes buying out TJ Brodie is a good plan.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
As a Hawks fan, this pleases me. One less team willing to eat bad contracts for assets.

Honestly though, good for the Coyotes. It'd be great to see them build a competitive squad that they can keep together, get a winning culture, and make the market successful. The true fans of the Coyotes have been through a lot over the years and I'd like to see them rewarded.

Reactions: che and EbonyRaptor

rt

May 13, 2004
Pittance? Did you miss where he returned the 12th overall pick in an excellent draft and two 2nds and zero cash or cap coming back? That was a haul.

Something around Rossi continues to make sense for Arizona
12+38 for Rossi+21 ;)

Then we do 21 for Lafreniere. Haha.

Reactions: Llewzaher

rt

May 13, 2004
As a Hawks fan, this pleases me. One less team willing to eat bad contracts for assets.
The Hawks have been driving down the prices anyway. Hardly worth it. Your GM is taking half as much as the market out GM set demands. If you’re getting undercut by interlopers, might as well quit the game and pivot. ;)

That was only half serious. Haha.
Honestly though, good for the Coyotes. It'd be great to see them build a competitive squad that they can keep together, get a winning culture, and make the market successful. The true fans of the Coyotes have been through a lot over the years and I'd like to see them rewarded.
Yeah, I agree. AZ isn’t done rebuilding. Just done tanking. Those aren’t necessarily synonymous. It’s just the next step.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Good. But if this was the plan, then why trade Chychrun for less than he's worth? I get he wanted out, but mostly because they were rebuilding.

He was under contract. They should have kept him if they wanted to start winning.
They may of been worried about his long term health and how that would impact his value. I mean he did get injured after only 12 games in Ottawa...

Kiorei

Jan 22, 2014
Denton, Texas
Baby steps. Long as they don't overpay, don't see the issue. The fans deserve a better on the ice product anyway. Plus, the amount of hate this franchise gets on here is always worth a read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad