Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
No team will step up and give the Coyotes that one player to seal the deal. Not until the draft, so he'll know who that selection is.
GMBA probably is building up Chychrun, playing the media, and has no intention of trading Chychrun, unless, of course, for an overpayment of sorts and make the team better.

Reactions: Nowotny

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I mean…. Two former 1sts and an upcoming 1st.
I’m just trying to guess the offer……

It's a solid offer and the final deal will look something similar. Or Lundell straight up, there's some major overvaluing going on here with him. But that's never happening when he has a big role on the Panthers already.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I appreciate your perspective. Would you mind sharing what you feel is a more realistic/reasonable counter-offer? Thanks!

Jarvis
Skjei
Bokk
2nd

No Retention on Chychrun

Skjei is having a good season and has term (~2.5 years remaining). However, $5.25 mil is too much to much to put on a 3rd pairing moving forward. Arizona should be able to use him as a replacement body in the short-term and deal him for a solid return by the next trade deadline. Alex Martinez returned 2 2nds as a rental+1 in 2020.

Armstrong knows Bokk well. He's lost luster as a prospect, but makes sense as an upside secondary piece in a trade like this. A 2nd is a 2nd.

Jarvis is a young player the organization made quite the investment in (Marleau trade) and he's an important contributor to the NHL club at 19. If the desire is a high quality piece, and Jarvis represents that, quantity on top of it shouldn't be the expectation.

I'm not sold on Carolina being a better team in the short-term after this hypothetical. Frankly, the more I think about this, the less I think the Canes are serious bidders here. It doesn't hurt to call on everyone. You never know when the next opportunity for a Trocheck-like trade becomes available. It's highly doubtful that the Yotes will think that that highly of any of Carolina's next tier futures to build a deal around, in this case, however.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Jarvis
Skjei
Bokk
2nd

No Retention on Chychrun

Skjei is having a good season and has term (~2.5 years remaining). However, $5.25 mil is too much to much to put on a 3rd pairing moving forward. Arizona should be able to use him as a replacement body in the short-term and deal him for a solid return by the next trade deadline. Alex Martinez returned 2 2nds as a rental+1 in 2020.

Armstrong knows Bokk well. He's lost luster as a prospect, but makes sense as an upside secondary piece in a trade like this. A 2nd is a 2nd.

Jarvis is a young player the organization made quite the investment in (Marleau trade) and he's an important contributor to the NHL club at 19. If the desire is a high quality piece, and Jarvis represents that, quantity on top of it shouldn't be the expectation.

I'm not sold on Carolina being a better team in the short-term after this hypothetical. Frankly, the more I think about this, the less I think the Canes are serious bidders here. It doesn't hurt to call on everyone. You never know when the next opportunity for a Trocheck-like trade becomes available. It's highly doubtful that the Yotes will think that that highly of any of Carolina's next tier futures to build a deal around, in this case, however.
Great offer! Thanks

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Zac Jones?

If Byfield AND Clarke AND Kaliyev are ALL untouchable, what’s left? Turcotte? If he’s the centerpiece, there better be some BIG additions to the package. Like the ‘22 1st AND Brock Faber. Even then…add Laferriere and we’ll eat a Maatta dump.
Kings aren't giving up Turc++. Turc should be the only piece needed to acquire Chrychrun. Turc is a future 1b center. Got all the intangibles. Would not trade from an LA perspective.

Reactions: kinghock

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Kings aren't giving up Turc++. Turc should be the only piece needed to acquire Chrychrun. Turc is a future 1b center. Got all the intangibles. Would not trade from an LA perspective.
There have been reports that the coyotes really like Turcotte, but what's his story? In his 3rd season after being drafted he's having a hard time breaking into the king's lineup and doesn't really project as a 1C offensively based on his AHL stats so far.

With how Zegras and Seider progressing the way they are, and even fellow draftee Bjornfot and Kaliyev breaking in consistently, Turcotte's value is only going down it seems. Is it just an issue of Byfield taking his spot in LA's center depth?

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
There have been reports that the coyotes really like Turcotte, but what's his story? In his 3rd season after being drafted he's having a hard time breaking into the king's lineup and doesn't really project as a 1C offensively based on his AHL stats so far.

With how Zegras and Seider progressing the way they are, and even fellow draftee Bjornfot and Kaliyev breaking in consistently, Turcotte's value is only going down it seems. Is it just an issue of Byfield taking his spot in LA's center depth?
He's not producing mega numbers in the AHL, but he still has some conditioning to work on. It's evident when he comes up to the Kings. He's got skill and he has a nose for the net, but LA is just crammed at center. Byfield looks to be taking that 1c spot with Kopitar moving down to 2nd center. Turcotte really does have it and it's a matter of time before he breaks out. Blake is taking his time with him, making sure that he's ready for a 2ooft game. LA fans like to think of Turcotte being Mike Richards lite and that's a fair assessment. Nothing about Turcotte's game says he's a bust, just taking a little bit longer and it's not like LA has a plethora of wingers to complement Turcotte's game. It's just a matter of time and LA is willing to wait.

Reactions: kinghock

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
He's not producing mega numbers in the AHL, but he still has some conditioning to work on. It's evident when he comes up to the Kings. He's got skill and he has a nose for the net, but LA is just crammed at center. Byfield looks to be taking that 1c spot with Kopitar moving down to 2nd center. Turcotte really does have it and it's a matter of time before he breaks out. Blake is taking his time with him, making sure that he's ready for a 2ooft game. LA fans like to think of Turcotte being Mike Richards lite and that's a fair assessment. Nothing about Turcotte's game says he's a bust, just taking a little bit longer and it's not like LA has a plethora of wingers to complement Turcotte's game. It's just a matter of time and LA is willing to wait.
Thanks for the input. The coyotes are high on Lundell but no way they get him. Perhaps they're looking at Turcotte as a Lundell type who hasn't broken out yet.. They seem to have a similar playstyle being 200ft centers who go to the corners and have potentially high ceilings offensively and defensively.

If the kings are open to moving Turcotte for Chychrun and are also motivated to keep him out of Anaheim, I could see a deal happening.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Thanks for the input. The coyotes are high on Lundell but no way they get him. Perhaps they're looking at Turcotte as a Lundell type who hasn't broken out yet.. They seem to have a similar playstyle being 200ft centers who go to the corners and have potentially high ceilings offensively and defensively.

If the kings are open to moving Turcotte for Chychrun and are also motivated to keep him out of Anaheim, I could see a deal happening.
I don't know if Turcotte projects out to be Lundell. Lundell is a hell of a player and only in his rookie season. It'd be nice if Turcotte has those numbers in the NHL.
Yes, to keep Chychrun out of Ana, LA would likely be looking to deal for Chychrun. I don't think they give up Turcotte though. Maybe something less with a 1st thrown in. I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille