Sportsnet: Arizona have received an offer matching their asking price for Jakob Chychrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
That's cool. Jim Fox is a color analyst for Bally's, not in the LA front office. He doesn't make executive decisions and there's a reason for that.

Not going to belabor the point but Fox's opinion is probably very close to how the league's scouts view Turcotte right now. I doubt Arizona views Turcotte as the centerpiece to any deal for Chychrun. In fact, Turcotte seems to be trending the way Barrett Hayton is trending which is disappointing for both players.

Reactions: Nowotny, bsu and SR

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I don't see Florida trading Knight or Lundell, they know what they have there. Chychrun is a nice player but if that's the price they will shop elsewhere for a guy that can give them 80% of what he does at a much cheaper price.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
For Chychrun, not sure Yotes s gonna get a big package, the guy is now on the third pairing, and you know what, The Gosth is a top pairing...lol...all that in a really really really bad team, so....

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
He was one of the best prospects before the season and has only sky rocketet his value.

He absolutely is an elite top tier prospect contributing to real wins at nhl level, nobody should question that
Lundel is Elite without question and in a great team...would be by far the best player in a team like Yotes

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Arizona is holding out and trying to leverage to get the top tier centerpiece that they want in the deal

Sabres held out a long while for Eichel before getting Krebs, which is a lesser piece than a lot of the rumored centerpiece asks from other teams

Is Arizona willing to wait till the offseason? Longer?

I'm not comparing the abilities and health of Chychrun and Eichel, I know there are major disparities; but, the waiting game for a top tier prospect being offered is similar. Teams are more reluctant than ever to give those up. Part of it is the adjustment to the salary cap era, the advancement of metrics and 'moneypuck' being used, and the flat cap with the escrow issues for years still to come.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Arizona is holding out and trying to leverage to get the top tier centerpiece that they want in the deal

Sabres held out a long while for Eichel before getting Krebs, which is a lesser piece than a lot of the rumored centerpiece asks from other teams

Is Arizona willing to wait till the offseason? Longer?

I'm not comparing the abilities and health of Chychrun and Eichel, I know there are major disparities; but, the waiting game for a top tier prospect being offered is similar. Teams are more reluctant than ever to give those up. Part of it is the adjustment to the salary cap era, the advancement of metrics and 'moneypuck' being used, and the flat cap with the escrow issues for years still to come.

And that's the thing. Arizona can afford to be patient. This is not an over paid player with limited destinations like OEL or a soon to be UFA. Arizona is listening for offers hoping someone is desperate and over pays. Just like Montreal in the Dvorak deal or the Avs in the Kuemper deal. What they are hoping for is Tampa picks up Klingberg forcing Florida to make a move. Of Anahiem forces LA's hand. If it goes into the off season then every teeam in the league is giving them a call.

Reactions: Nowotny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad