Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Coyotes claim G Jonas Johansson off waivers from the Avalanche

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
The worst goalie I have ever seen, Arizona ensuring Chicago can't pass them. A1 move.

You must have missed Hunter Miska's games for the Avs.

This is also the 2nd time Johansson has been claimed off waivers from the Avs. Anyone know the record for the most times a player was claimed off waivers from a single team? Curious how many more time's we'll need to sign him before he's in range.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
You know you'll get about a ~.900 SV% from him, he's also big which intrigues some teams I guess?

From the Avs POV he fits well enough into our system for a #3/4. If i'm being honest, not quite sure why other teams are interested in him in an actual backup role though. Would've thought a player like Ingram would be more intriguing than JoJo.

If their starter (Vejmelka?) is expected to play 55+ games, they might rather have JoJo sitting on the bench for all those games, while their prospects get game time in the minors. But, if they expect him to actually play in games and not just occupy the end of the bench, I don't get it either.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
If their starter (Vejmelka?) is expected to play 55+ games, they might rather have JoJo sitting on the bench for all those games, while their prospects get game time in the minors. But, if they expect him to actually play in games and not just occupy the end of the bench, I don't get it either.
We don’t have any goaltending prospects who deserve a shot anyways.

I can’t believe they just grabbed the first guy available. Lol

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
One of the worst NHL goalies who ever laced them up? Dude couldn't even play well on a Colorado team.

It's a disgrace that he's in the league over a lot of other goalies. But hey, I guess he's good if you want to destroy team morale in order to get a higher draft pick.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I'm surprised they claimed someone already, better goalies will be available in the next days.

It's not a high bar to clear, but most of the waiver eligible #3s wouldn't inspire much confidence:

Oscar Dansk, Calvin Pickard, Pheonix Copley, Magnus Hellberg, Collin Delia, Michael Hutchinson, Zane McIntyre, Connor Ingram, Keith Kinkaid, Malcolm Subban, Alex Lyon, Cory Schneider, Louis Domingue, Dustin Tokarski, Zach Fucale.

Then there are some expensive guys like Anton Khudobin and Jonathan Bernier who Arizona probably wouldn't want to spend the money on.

Reactions: banks

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I think that should read, “ARIZ claims #1 position in the Connor Bedard sweepstakes”.
if only the hockey gods would make such an offering. Fully expect Montreal and Chicago to win the lottery (unless Pittsburgh surprisingly misses the playoff then they will win 1st overall :cry: ).

Reactions: Digable5

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I could see him getting waived again if someone Arizona likes better comes along on the waiver wire.

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Given the choice between JJ and Aaron Dell, I think you'd find an even split between Sabres fans.

That should tell you all you need to know about JJ. He's Dell-level.
Good for JJ I think. I was confused why Avs signed him at first place, since they have Annunen in the roster and he is better than JJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad