Claimed off Waivers: [ARI] Coyotes claim G Jonas Johansson off waivers from the Avalanche

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Should be their backup right? This is who he's competing with

1664561152323.png

Reactions: banks

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
2 birds 1 stone. 1 of them being they needed a backup and the other one, well just check JJ's stats.
Sir, the ONLY JJ around hockey should be in reference to Jack Johnson...or, JMFJ is acceptable.
Allow yourself to feel the shame and regret of such disrespect
;)

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
This is mildly annoying for Colorado. He's a guy who's well liked and who enjoyed being in Colorado. Now the Avs probably need to find another goalie as AHL backup for Annunen, unless they want to roll with another young goalie in Trent Miner.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
I thought Arizona was gonna claim a backup and not run with Prosvetov. There are some other waiver eligible goalies that are going to get waived that make more sense though imo, like Joey Daccord who played at ASU and should get a shot this year.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Watching this guy makes it hard to understand why he has gotten a shot at the NHL. Are the fundamentals there?
You know you'll get about a ~.900 SV% from him, he's also big which intrigues some teams I guess?

From the Avs POV he fits well enough into our system for a #3/4. If i'm being honest, not quite sure why other teams are interested in him in an actual backup role though. Would've thought a player like Ingram would be more intriguing than JoJo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad