Are the Red Wings the worst team in the league?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
7-3
4-0
6-1
5-1

This is the score of the Wings’ current losing streak. Can the Wild beat that?
The Blackhawks looked like an AHL team vs. The Sharks last night. The Sharks entered the game with a 4-10-1 record.

I don't know what the Wings looked like but the Hawks got outshot 26-8 over the first 40 minutes. The score didn't do justice to just how bad the Blackhawks were last night. The Hawks couldn't touch the puck for 50 minutes.

Reactions: BHD

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
The Blackhawks looked like an AHL team vs. The Sharks last night. The Sharks entered the game with a 4-10-1 record.

I don't know what the Wings looked like but the Hawks got outshot 26-8 over the first 40 minutes. The score didn't do justice to just how bad the Blackhawks were last night. The Hawks couldn't touch the puck for 50 minutes.

Please.

We make ahl teams look like cup contenders.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He's won 3 cups. The first to do so in the Salary cap era. He's had some great signings including Panarin, made a number of great trades and the one I think sucked was in fact the Panarin trade. The only reason Chicago has struggled as of late is because they've paid the price of loyalty for those 3 wins and Crawford's head.

He won three Cups... With a team that was largely built by Dale Tallon.

He's made some good moves, no doubt, but he's also made some atrocious moves. The Panarin trade, which you fairly brought up, was one of the worst. Seabrook's contract is among the worst in the league, if not the worst. Nylander is doing alright to start, but I still don't like that Nylander/Jokiharju trade.

I actually don't fault him at all for the Toews contract, even though he's not been worth it. Hard not to pay a #1C who captained a team to three Cups.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Man losing 5-1 to the NYR sure makes them look like the worst team in the league right?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I mostly just watch them for the laughs now. The worst part is we don’t really even have any young blue chip prospects playing with the big club that we can watch grow :(

A -33 goal differential through just 17 games is almost impressive though.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bert-Larkin-Manta spent most of this losing streak not as a line because we had 3 useless lines behind them, though they were put back together tonight with no production. Nice try at a super funny joke though. You're hilarious. No one ever said they were the best line in the league. More productive than your first and second lines :dunno: All 3 have more points than anyone on your team.

Defense tonight
Nemeth-Hronek
Cholowski-Biega
Hicketts-Bowey
That's almost AHL quality.

Hicketts and Biega are only AHL level D men there.
Hronek and Cholowski are young but they don't
belong in AHL under any circumstances. Bowey
and Nemeth aren't either.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
At least there is effort there, they are chasing for loose pucks and what not. Its just...well our lineup isn't very talented.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It’s hard to argue that any team is currently playing worse than Detroit. They are getting blown out in every game. I’m still trying to figure out the Oilers managed to lose to this group of AHL players.

I think youre looking for the word impossible. Its impossible to argue any team is currently playing worse than Detroit right now lol. They are so bad its almost comical. If I have to watch this season and they dont get a top 2 pick I will be so angry...

Stevie Y steps into another dead wings

Hopefully its kinda works out the same way as last time, with a faster timeline to a cup though.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I think youre looking for the word impossible. Its impossible to argue any team is currently playing worse than Detroit right now lol. They are so bad its almost comical. If I have to watch this season and they dont get a top 2 pick I will be so angry...
I hope we trade 2 for 6 and 34

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hicketts and Biega are only AHL level D men there.
Hronek and Cholowski are young but they don't
belong in AHL under any circumstances. Bowey
and Nemeth aren't either.
Cholowski could use some more AHL time, kid isn't an NHL level D right now and I'm one of his biggest fans. I have his jersey lol. Bowey is regularly in over his head at this level as well, Nemeth is an NHLer - but by no means should he ever be on a top pair.

Reactions: wetcoast

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
the Rangers, who had just lost 6-2 to the freaking Senators, didn't even play particularly well and came away with a 5-1 win against Detroit. Yes, they are the worst.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
The Red Wings destroyed my childhood. I am deriving extreme amounts of Schadenfraude seeing them as a bottom feeder while my team is the reigning cup champ. Eat **** Detoilet.

Haha, man those were good times! I remember being worried that there was no way two teams could play each other in the playoffs so many times and have the one team win every series, but I guess it was possible.

Anyway, enjoy defending the Cup, the Blues are fun to watch and built the way I hope the Wings to be someday.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cholowski could use some more AHL time, kid isn't an NHL level D right now and I'm one of his biggest fans. I have his jersey lol. Bowey is regularly in over his head at this level as well, Nemeth is an NHLer - but by no means should he ever be on a top pair.

Cholowski is an NHL D right now lol come on. He might not be strong defensively but he can play in the NHL and is solid at what he does, especially for a young guy. Would the AHL hurt him? Probably not but he can definitely hang at the NHL level.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Cholowski is an NHL D right now lol come on. He might not be strong defensively but he can play in the NHL and is solid at what he does, especially for a young guy. Would the AHL hurt him? Probably not but he can definitely hang at the NHL level.
He has some NHL caliber abilities, but he wouldn't be in the NHL if our blue line wasn't one of the worst in the league.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
They started the season 2 - 0 after beating Nashville and Dallas but since then they have gone 2 - 12 - 1 resulting in them now having the worst record in the NHL they also have the worst goal differential of any team being -12 worse then the 2nd worst team. They have lowest goals per game scored average and tied for the worst goals against per game average. They have a penalty kill that is operating at 66.7% the worst in the NHL

Yes I would say they are the worst team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad