Are the Red Wings the worst team in the league?

razor ray

May 8, 2011
It’s been a rough few years in Detroit but this year looks to be the worst. Nashville is just pounding them into the ground tonight. Detroit is dead last in the league in GA and 2nd to last in GF.

Reactions: PuckThumper11

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
giphy.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean they have an absurd amount of players past their prime on their NHL squad while a decent amount of prospects who probably are ready for the NHL are with the Griffins in the AHL .

This seems like an intentional tanking year for the Wings.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah probably . One of the 3 worst at least but did anyone expect anything different? I mean look at that roster, woof.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I mean I would say that unless you don't consider ottawa a team.

I think you meant I wouldn't say that unless you don't consider Ottawa a team.

But realistically Ottawa has the worst roster, they're just playing better as a team right now than Detroit.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
I mean they have an absurd amount of players past their prime on their NHL squad while a decent amount of prospects who probably are ready for the NHL are with the Griffins in the AHL .

The prospects in Grand Rapids aren’t ready for the nhl. It’s going to be a long year until we see who we are drafting between 4Th and 6th overall.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan

You’d like to think but having an absurd number of players past their prime is the usual Red Wing way. So there’s reason to worry. Hopefully Yzerman has a better plan in place than whatever the team has had in the last 5 seasons or so.

Reactions: Fresh Prince

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You’d like to think but having an absurd number of players past their prime is the usual Red Wing way. So there’s reason to worry. Hopefully Yzerman has a better plan in place than whatever the team has had in the last 5 seasons or so.

Well at least the old guys on defense are all expiring. Forwards still have some years left. So Yzerman will have some caspace to play with . Hopefully he does something better than what he did with Filppula who got a second year for no reason.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Well at least the old guys on defense are all expiring. Forwards still have some years left. So Yzerman will have no caspace to play with . Hopefully he does something better than what he did with Filppula who got a second year for no reason.
36 million going into next year.

Reactions: Sentinel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad