Speculation: Are The Blues Sellers?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I am not interested in Victor Mete in a trade for Vince Dunn. We already have 5'9" Torey Krug on LD and 5'9" LD Scott Perunovich in the system. Sorry to rabbit on about the size issue, but we really don't need another 5'9" LD. Montreal's best 2nd and a 3rd in 2022 would be my asking price. If salary has to go back, perhaps Lehkonen, but I am not sure if the Blues could even afford him.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I am not interested in a trade where the highest pick we get for Dunn is a second.

Yeah, we likely lose him in the expansion draft, but better that then losing both he and Sunny D and walking out with a second rounder. No thanks from this Blues fan

Vektor

Jun 11, 2018
The first thing the Blues should be trying to do is figuring out a way to reverse that Binnington contract.
Why? To replace him with who? Binnington hasnt been stellar but he's been getting little to no run support and the team in front of him has been giving up a ton of dangerous opportunities that the opposition are converting on.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The Blues have a veteran team that just won a Cup two seasons ago (coming back from an atrocious start to the season) and are still in a playoff spot. The California teams are not going to challenge for a playoff spot, so all St. Louis has to do is beat out the Coyotes - a team that is doubtful to be buyers at the deadline.

I get that a 1st round series against Vegas or Colorado will be tough, but why would the Blues consider selling? This team is built for the playoffs and it would only be a mild surprise if they went on a run.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The blues have been destroyed by injuries. Its impressive they are in a playoff spot.

St. Louis will get healthy and then be a top 3 team in the division again.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
I wouldn't mind selling Schwartz to Colorado to go win a Cup where he played college...provided he returns as a UFA next season.
Hoffman can go to the highest bidder. Really not a whole lot else available unless somebody wants a 3C...then Bozak could be had with 50% retention.

have a feeling if schwartz went to colorado, he'd end up staying there

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I am not interested in Victor Mete in a trade for Vince Dunn. We already have 5'9" Torey Krug on LD and 5'9" LD Scott Perunovich in the system. Sorry to rabbit on about the size issue, but we really don't need another 5'9" LD. Montreal's best 2nd and a 3rd in 2022 would be my asking price. If salary has to go back, perhaps Lehkonen, but I am not sure if the Blues could even afford him.
I think we could work something

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The first thing the Blues should be trying to do is figuring out a way to reverse that Binnington contract.

Win a Cup before the big contract will always pown getting a Big contract but no Cup.

Y’all talking about Binny like he was Price or Tavares or some other crazy paid person who never brought the Cup home that they were paid to do.

Binny did and he makes less than those other people. I’m fine with his contract but the guy does need help around him if we’re hunting for Cup no.2

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Win a Cup before the big contract will always pown getting a Big contract but no Cup.

Y’all talking about Binny like he was Price or Tavares or some other crazy paid person who never brought the Cup home that they were paid to do.

Binny did and he makes less than those other people. I’m fine with his contract but the guy does need help around him if we’re hunting for Cup no.2

Exactly. You don't let your cup winning goalie leave just because he might be overpaid by a million dollars or so. Of course he might end up being underpaid as well, no one knows. I love the fact that Binnington triggers opposing fans so much, that might be worth the extra million a year itself.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad