Speculation: Are The Blues Sellers?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Lost 9 of their last 11. Still in the final playoff spot in the west but 17 of their final 20 games are against teams far ahead of them in the standings. Do they sell off?

Reactions: BHD

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Someone last night (Friedman, maybe) mentioned the Blues as possibly going after Taylor Hall (which would be funny because isn't that skid mark Chiarelli still an "advisor" for them?).

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Lost 9 of their last 11. Still in the final playoff spot in the west but 17 of their final 20 games are against teams far ahead of them in the standings. Do they sell off?
Blues have 6 games until deadline, all against teams ahead of them. If we show signs of life and are still in playoff spot we likely won’t sell. If we get steamrolled then likely will look to sell.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe we'll move Hoffman if anything. If we believe that Parayko is returning, then we won't be selling because he fixes a lot of our issues.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Do they have much to move that is healthy and has noteworthy value?

Seems like a team that had a bad run due to injuries and when healthy should be back next season.

Maybe a UFA they won't/can't re-sign like Hoffman, Bozak or JDR. Some contract shedding like Bortuzzo or Clifford but only 2 of those really move the needle

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do they have much to move that is healthy and has noteworthy value?

Seems like a team that had a bad run due to injuries and when healthy should be back next season.

Maybe a UFA they won't/can't re-sign like Hoffman, Bozak or JDR. Some contract shedding like Bortuzzo or Clifford but only 2 of those really move the needle
He's still skating from the last news I saw.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Zach Sanford? Asking price from Blues if the needle turns towards selling?

you can have him and blais so berube stops playing them. If they both go then maybe Hoffman might get a fair offensive shot on the team instead of playing with a rotating bunch of ahl players on the third line due to injuries of Thomas and bozak.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
Well, that was easier and not least cheaper than I thought. Can I interest you in one Mark Jankowski at 700k going the other way as a sign of our appreciation? Perhaps some hotwings?

I’ll take the hot wings and maybe a used washing machine for spare parts. If you feel like you have to give something up then a 7th round pick would be good enough for me.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If the Blues are sellers do they consider moving Jaden Schwartz who is a pending UFA, and if so, what would be the price to get him? He'd be an absolutely superb addition for Colorado given his speed and tenacity.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I’ll take the hot wings and maybe a used washing machine for spare parts. If you feel like you have to give something up then a 7th round pick would be good enough for me.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad