Speculation: Are The Blues Sellers?

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
If the Blues are sellers do they consider moving Jaden Schwartz who is a pending UFA, and if so, what would be the price to get him? He'd be an absolutely superb addition for Colorado given his speed and tenacity.

I would think so as long as one of the conditions isn’t a worse pick if he re-signs with the blues after the expansion draft.

Just like any other top 6 winger out there the ask would start with a first round pick and see where it goes from there.

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
The last time there were whispers about the Blues potentially selling, they went ahead and won the Stanley Cup.

I don't think that happens again, but I also don't think they will be sounding the alarms and moving consequential pieces. They have a good group.

I agree with this. The blues have been decimated with injuries this year and have had players in their lineup that came from the echl. If there is a chance they can become healthy before the season would end then I don’t think they would actually be sellers.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
If the Blues are sellers do they consider moving Jaden Schwartz who is a pending UFA, and if so, what would be the price to get him? He'd be an absolutely superb addition for Colorado given his speed and tenacity.
Considering Colorado is a division rival in the current and old format, I think, even as a rental, it’d take an overpayment. Or at least a conditional pick on top what a higher end rental would get if he re-signs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The last time there were whispers about the Blues potentially selling, they went ahead and won the Stanley Cup.

I don't think that happens again, but I also don't think they will be sounding the alarms and moving consequential pieces. They have a good group.
You forgot to mention the coaching change.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Considering Colorado is a division rival in the current and old format, I think, even as a rental, it’d take an overpayment. Or at least a conditional pick on top what a higher end rental would get if he re-signs
Teams aren't allowed to have conditional picks related to whether or not a team resigns a player. Zuccarello's camp made a huge fuss about Dallas not wanting to resign him to avoid paying NYR a conditional 1st, even though he did really well for them in the playoffs.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
You are talking a huge overpayment. Blues are going to resign him. Ypu don't trade player like schwartz

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
The Blues are in serious danger of not making the playoffs. We've already played most of our games against the weaker teams in our division and now we'll be getting a steady diet of Colorado, Vegas, and Minnesota. I think these are the guys we'd be most likely to move:

Mike Hoffman - We aren't going to be able to re-sign Hoffman after this season so I'd like them to sell him to the highest bidder. Teams that need help on the PP should be interested. Don't expect a lot out him at 5v5 ideally he should be on your third line.

Vince Dunn - If the Blues protect Parayko, Faulk, and Krug like I think they probably will Seattle will most likely take Dunn (I personally hope we protect Dunn and expose Krug). Some Blues fans don't like him because he is prone to the occasional defensive mistake, but the positives easily outweigh the negatives in my opinion. He can be a good second pairing defenseman with a steady partner or carry your third pairing.

Zach Sanford - Sanford is an RFA after this year and then the next season will become a free agent. Maybe we'll keep him and re-sign him but he could also be valuable to a contender with his low cap hit this year and next year as an RFA. His skill is third line level, but when he's engaged he can be a good guy to have as the third forward on a top 6 line (the Blues used him a lot on the first line to complement ROR and Perron).

I think we'll re-sign Schwartz but you never know.

Reactions: BlueOil

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Teams aren't allowed to have conditional picks related to whether or not a team resigns a player. Zuccarello's camp made a huge fuss about Dallas not wanting to resign him to avoid paying NYR a conditional 1st, even though he did really well for them in the playoffs.
Was that a thing at one time or did I just make that up in my head? Lol

Dec 15, 2002
Tough loss losing Parayko. I heard he was skating, but he must have had a setback?
He's easy skating. Not sure he's even skating every day right now. Nowhere near being ready to come back. With that disc, I'd really be surprised to see him back this season and I'd be utterly shocked to see him back at anything close to 100% this season if he does come back.

Minimum 1st-round pick and a good prospect. Possibly more. If he hits the market, half the league will be after him and those who are on his no-trade list will be asking him to waive it to go there. If you have Taylor Hall rated higher, he'd be the 2nd-highest rated impending UFA that would likely be available. If you have Hall rated lower, Schwartz would be #1.

Chances I think he gets moved before the trade deadline: pretty small, but not zero.

Reactions: Richard88

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Wrap him up... we’ll take him!

Just one more thing...Does he backcheck? Lol

Actually; despite what the advanced stats say, his defensive game hasn't been nearly as bad as people thought it was going to be. The bigger issue is the lack of physical play. He's allergic anything involved with the forecheck(which is a death sentence on a Berube coached team), but he's made some really nice plays in the defensive zone and even saved a game or two early in the season.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Don't see the Blues moving any of the players with team control beyond this season, guys like Sanford/Blais/Dunn will be exposed for the expansion draft, then I'd wager trades will be made after that.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Nah the Blues have a Cup contending roster if they can get healthy and actually get some cohesion from their lines. The injuries this year have been insane and there's been constant line juggling trying to find which players work well together.

If they can stay in a playoff spot and go on a good run to end the season, they have a good chance of winning. So I don't think they'll be sellers. Pretty sure Schwartz is a high priority to get re-signed.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Nah the Blues have a Cup contending roster if they can get healthy and actually get some cohesion from their lines. The injuries this year have been insane and there's been constant line juggling trying to find which players work well together.

If they can stay in a playoff spot and go on a good run to end the season, they have a good chance of winning. So I don't think they'll be sellers. Pretty sure Schwartz is a high priority to get re-signed.

I wonder if we should Trade him and then resign him. Pick up a couple of decent assets to build up the prospect pool.

I don’t see a playoff team this year without CP. he has been a huge loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad