Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Leaving the UC tomorrow night sounds like it will be fun. Friday morning commute is going to suck as well.
IMG_20180207_135938.png

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I used to live about 20 minutes from my job and now live about an hour away. The adjustment to the commute really hasn't been that bad. But damn is Friday going to suck.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
That's all kinds of suck but looking at how the weather is projecting right now it should all be cleared out by the time I have to drive East later Friday evening. Hopefully that stays as projected.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
What kind of pup?

Do you/ will you stud him out?

Good luck .
He is a fawn Great Dane. We are not really interested in breeding. We agreed to do this in order to get him. He is a Gentle giant. Many people have to crate their dogs when they leave the house so they don’t tear stuff up. We leave for 4-6 hours and he is laying on the bed where we left him LOL! Big couch potato.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
He is a fawn Great Dane. We are not really interested in breeding. We agreed to do this in order to get him. He is a Gentle giant. Many people have to crate their dogs when they leave the house so they don’t tear stuff up. We leave for 4-6 hours and he is laying on the bed where we left him LOL! Big couch potato.

Wow! Bet he is beaut. We were pretty close to adding a Great Dane to our household. Ultimately decided that 3 puppers were enough!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The snow forecast is troublesome. On one hand, now that I'm downstate, I luckily don't have that avalanche in my immediate future. On the other hand, as I work from a remote home office for a department based in Chicago, if the Loop shuts down that'll mean that I'm going to have to essentially handle all emails and phones for the department for that day.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
all i have to say is this, what is not to like about a great dane ??

but dang, those beast are freaking huge..... but love-able.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

The amount of money spent on food, and the larger than adult human size shits you have to clean up. Otherwise, great pups, and I love em. Never had one, but know some people who have them. And they're always great dogs.

Reactions: LDF

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The amount of money spent on food, and the larger than adult human size ****s you have to clean up. Otherwise, great pups, and I love em. Never had one, but know some people who have them. And they're always great dogs.

My wife has always said she wants a giant dog. I’ve always told her if we get a giant dog she’s picking up it’s shit. Something about picking up a dump that big is just something I’m not cool with.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
My wife has always said she wants a giant dog. I’ve always told her if we get a giant dog she’s picking up it’s ****. Something about picking up a dump that big is just something I’m not cool with.

Also, RIP - anyone with hardwood floors.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
45 to an hour yeah usually. It's only been a year and I don't think I'll be at this job more than another year or so, so I didn't think I should base where we buy our house on my job.

I'm in roughly the same boat. About 4o mins to in the morning and 45-50 mins back in the evening. We have an office location about 1/3 of that distance from my house and I put in a request to be able to switch. No word yet. Unlikely it's granted but had to try. Commute kind of sucks. Been doing it since October '16 and didn't bother me for a long time but it's started to since around last Fall. Not crazy about the mileage on my car, either. See what happens.

In other news, not at all looking forward to this snow. Over it. Watching closely how it looks for tomorrow evening. As if having to go to Detroit isn't shitty enough, to do so in shitty weather is all the more sucky.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I'm in roughly the same boat. About 4o mins to in the morning and 45-50 mins back in the evening. We have an office location about 1/3 of that distance from my house and I put in a request to be able to switch. No word yet. Unlikely it's granted but had to try. Commute kind of sucks. Been doing it since October '16 and didn't bother me for a long time but it's started to since around last Fall. Not crazy about the mileage on my car, either. See what happens.

In other news, not at all looking forward to this snow. Over it. Watching closely how it looks for tomorrow evening. As if having to go to Detroit isn't ****ty enough, to do so in ****ty weather is all the more sucky.

I've typically always been around an hour each way to work. My issue is I refuse to pay top dollar for homes that don't fit my lifestyle. A house like mine 15 minutes away from my work would run 2-3 X.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

In other news, not at all looking forward to this snow. Over it. Watching closely how it looks for tomorrow evening. As if having to go to Detroit isn't ****ty enough, to do so in ****ty weather is all the more sucky.

Whats nice about my commute, generally speaking is I have several different routes I can take. So I can always check traffic and avoid 1 highway if there's an accident and it usually doesn't get to bad. Tomorrow is going to suck though.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Like some other big dogs, they age fast and have relatively short lives, about 7-8 years. That can be tough for a pet owner to deal with.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Like some other big dogs, they age fast and have relatively short lives, about 7-8 years. That can be tough for a pet owner to deal with.
i am not asham to admit this, what tears me apart is death in my immediate family and death in my dogs. who can not love a pooch, they all have a different personality.

but you are correct on their life span and that is why i can't see myself owning one. i am too much of a wuss .

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Thank you. We put the turf down just for him and he loves it and the warmth/sun of AZ. He just lays in the sun and sleeps the day away until a coyote rolls through. Or watches the world go by. We also have misters on the patio for him in the summer so he has it made.

I try not to think of his short life span. We really had to commit to the breed because of that and the fear of loss so early. It makes me tear up now thinking about it and he is only 19 mo old. But we include him in every trip we make so he gets to be with us as much as possible (he is a great traveler in the car). I took a month off from work when we got him to help him integrate and get him potty trained, etc. He was a trooper, quick learner, and we are attached at the hip. He is a greta hiker too and that is his favorite activity besides making friends with the neighbors. He is very social. For our first large breed dog, we feel like we hit the personality lottery with him.

Reactions: hawksrule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad