Anything Goes 20: I can ride my bike with no handlebars

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
thats really weird IMO. I have an optical mouse, but it still works better and is more comfortable to use on a pad rather than my lacquered up desk.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
thats really weird IMO. I have an optical mouse, but it still works better and is more comfortable to use on a pad rather than my lacquered up desk.

Kt69O.gif

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
I took a 4 year hiatus from mouses in college, and now I'm back at a desktop at work with a mouse. My mouse would double-click on its own half the time and it pissed me off to no end. I finally stole a mouse from a co-worker's desk who recently left to another job, and that made my week. It was a pretty uneventful week.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I have optical mice at work and at home, and whenever I use the things at work or play a game with it plugged in at home, I never have any issues on just a desk or a table.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I have optical mice at work and at home, and whenever I use the things at work or play a game with it plugged in at home, I never have any issues on just a desk or a table.

I have no 'issues' straight on the desk, but it's a lot smoother on a pad, and it doesn't make that awful scratchy sound.

Also, it's decoration.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I have no 'issues' straight on the desk, but it's a lot smoother on a pad, and it doesn't make that awful scratchy sound.

Also, it's decoration.

exactly. It *works* fine on my desk, but the mousepad improves my experience.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Finally got a new ride yesterday. So overdue. Had previous car for almost 12 years...weird to drive something. And by weird I mean awesome.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Congrats. What kind of car? Ford Aerostar?

Haha Aerostar. There's a blast from the past.

I ended up getting a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT. I was looking more at SUV's originally but just couldn't find something in the price range I wanted that I actually liked and that had the right amount of miles on it. Actually really like the Cruze, sharp cars and love the interior on it. Also only has about 20,000 miles on it and got it a great price, so pulled the trigger. Will go the SUV route in a couple years or so maybe. This made more sense right now.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL

I ended up getting a 2012 Chevy Cruze LT. I was looking more at SUV's originally but just couldn't find something in the price range I wanted that I actually liked and that had the right amount of miles on it. Actually really like the Cruze, sharp cars and love the interior on it. Also only has about 20,000 miles on it and got it a great price, so pulled the trigger. Will go the SUV route in a couple years or so maybe. This made more sense right now.

Just glad you bought American. Congrats on the car!

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Just glad you bought American. Congrats on the car!

Thanks.

Not trying to stir up a debate or anything political whatsoever. Honest question; with so many foreign brands having their manufacturing plants here in the US, does "buying American" matter that much anymore with regard to cars? I may be wrong, but I thought a lot of them have plants here in the US now. If that's true, it would stand to reason that buying those cars is just as good for the US as Americans are the ones working in those plants and employed by them.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Last I checked, which was admittedly years ago, many Honda cars had a higher percentage of the vehicle assembled in the USA than some domestic brands who have plants in mexico and Canada.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
TO my American friends posting on these boards....for your delectation. ..a musical comparison of our two great nations. ..Canada and USA..just Google We Got Stronger Beer...and click the YouTube link...Enjoy.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Congrats on the new car!

I bought a Mazda 3 this past summer and am enjoying it. Fun drive and high marks in just about everything from what I've read and experienced.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Haha I swear to god that's the exact car I drive! Silver Chevy Cruze LT. It's got a sick interior, black and red leather. Great car man, not fast but it's got a cool looking body to it and a nice interior set up. Speakers are great too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad