Anyone else find the Tampa series and the pittsburgh series very ho hum

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
The Blue Jackets are playing the trap? I only watched bits and pieces of those games, but I never saw them trapping at all. How did I miss that?
I'm pretty sure he just saw two bigger and stronger teams dominate physically. The playoffs become way more physical and smaller players have a tough time doing what they did in the regular season

Reactions: Nordique

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think the NYI-PIT series bogged down in the last couple of games but the first two games were great.

The CBJ-TBL series? Are you kidding? That was highly, highly entertaining. How could you not be entertained as a hockey fan by the relentlessness of the Blue Jackets in thst series?

Reactions: Viqsi and Quicklime

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Yup every game and it was more entertaining than the Pitt NYI series but still trapping isn’t my cup of tea

I'd ask you define "trapping", but I think I'd get a standard google browser search answer.

I call it back checking and if you listen to any of the analysis and interviews with Torts, he attributes the CBJ success to everyone buying into the back checking mentality.

This isn't 3 on 3, end to end, overtime hockey. This is the playoffs. Short shifts, rolling 4 lines, playing as a 5 man unit on both ends of the ice.

If that isn't entertaining, then you're watching the wrong sport.

Reactions: Viqsi and Quicklime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad