Anyone else find the Tampa series and the pittsburgh series very ho hum

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Thank god Boston and Toronto are actually playing good hockey cause I couldn’t watch my team play that boring style without considering a shotgun under my chin

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
I wouldn't say either were guilty of trapping... Columbus actually lit them up a few times.

What I will say is that neither Tampa or the Pens showed much playoff intensity. So, in that sense, both of those series were pretty meh. But both cases are examples that you can't just sit back and rest on your laurels. What you did before doesn't matter now.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Just finished watching ...what a couple of snoozefests those series were...NYI and Columbus played boring hockey (gotta love trapping) and won...big ol meh from me they were boring games to watch...start to finish

Ps I’m a leafs fan so absolutely no bias here luckily (or I’d get roasted alive lol)

Trapping? LOL. No. They gave them no room to breath. Took every inch of the ice and out worked them in everyway.

It is called defense and it is an amazing aspect of the game.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Pens put up very little resistance in the third period today, one of the more comfortable 2:1 games I remember, Lehner hardly had to make a big time save

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Yup every game and it was more entertaining than the Pitt NYI series but still trapping isn’t my cup of tea

The Jackets scored 19 goals in four games against one of the best regular season teams that has ever been iced. I respect your opinion! But I don't understand it.

The NYI/PITT series though.. congrats to NYI fans for sure. But yuck. I am obviously biased on that.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Thank god Boston and Toronto are actually playing good hockey cause I couldn’t watch my team play that boring style without considering a shotgun under my chin

I could be wrong, but doesn't the winner of the Boston/Toronto series play the CBJ?

There will be shot blocking, perimeter pushing, trapping, net front battles basically all the most frustrating things you could imagine as a Leafs fan.

That's what we're in for if we win.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Bolts/Jackets was fun to watch. Penguins/Isles was like year 2000 Devils version of hockey. Quite literally sleep inducing.

Reactions: Kimota

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad