HF Habs: Anyone else completely losing interest in the Team?

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
I do not care if they win or lose anymore. I just want to see the young guys progress and the prospects succeed. I am having more interest in watching Poehling, Brook, Fleury, Sherbak and a few other guys develop. Also more time spent looking at eligible prospects for this draft that can help the Habs. At this point in the season there is no more energy spent on hopes of a win!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If the team was in good hands and the arrogance and nepotism was not so blatant, the losing would be tolerable. I don’t like the GM and owner. Nothing they do seems have reason or sound strategy.

I will always stick to the premise that this GM has zero plan/strategy and just wings it as he goes along.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It was surely a very tough team to watch this season, so boring, no offense, slow defense ect but lately with the arrival of kids like Scherbak Reilly Juulsen and Galchenyuk starting to play very well, games are more enjoyable to watch.. I still wish for more losses to select as high as possible next draft, but on another side, its refreshing to see our kids improving and winning some.. I still think this team is a lost case without a real first line center though, so hopefully we get one at some point to really turn the corner..

Apr 28, 2010
This is a first for me. But I was actually starting to lose interest last season but Radulov kept me watching.

- The Subban trade
- not resigning Radulov/Markov this season
- signing Alzner
- forcing Drouin to be 1C
- Chuckie on the 4th line
- just having Patches in the lineup
- Molson's faith in MB

These moves really pissed me off. It got tiring.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
It was surely a very tough team to watch this season, so boring, no offense, slow defense ect but lately with the arrival of kids like Scherbak Reilly Juulsen and Galchenyuk starting to play very well, games are more enjoyable to watch.. I still wish for more losses to select as high as possible next draft, but on another side, its refreshing to see our kids improving and winning some.. I still think this team is a lost case without a real first line center though, so hopefully we get one at some point to really turn the corner..
We also need to find a top pairing D and Danault is best suited on the 3rd line. A new management might give Galchenyuk at try at C on the top 2 lines but who knows. We need skill, speed, size and talent in 2 or 3 elite players since most of our lineup is much of the same type of players.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Voila.

now you can go back cheering for mediocrity.

Yup, I'll be right there, sticking it out through thick and thin. Perhaps not cheering, and filled with rage and doubt during those rough times, but never indifferent to what is going on with my team. Thank you very much.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
A fan who stops watching/giving interest during dark times, don't deserve to be subjected to the good times.
While I agree with you - there is a difference, in my opinion, between watching a well run team that is bottom/losers and watching a piss poor embarrassing management run your team into the ground and then having an owner raise prices anyways. Not to mention the $150/seat to print out tickets. Still can't believe that.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This team has been boring forever, but since they traded Subban to please Therrien and pleky and patioready, I've completely disconnected. Subban was far from perfect, but for once we had a guy who was BETTER because of the pressure of the media and the fans... Yet we favored the crybabies that never show up when the show gets tough.

I'm watching from afar, hoping for Dahlin or Tavares without any real conviction, but I'm not watching more than 20games/year until Bergevin is fired, and certainky not paying the asking price to see this borefest at the bell center. 25$ to see the Rockets even pays for some food, my kids are happy to go there, and so am I.

Watched the Habs religiously since about 1996, can't deal with a team that only wins because of its goalie anymore, I need to see some offense.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Maybe a little, but I'm still a Habs fan at heart, so my level of interest in the Laval Rockets has increased, regardless of their performance. I've been going to a handful of Laval games this season, and watched a few more games than earlier this season as the call-ups have been playing. In short, the present is not very pretty so I'm checking out the future!

Reactions: chaosrevolver

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I don't think I will ever completely lose interest. People who went through 99-01 are hardened fans.

This is much worse. At least back then guys like Koivu and Gilmour and Zhoktok displayed crazy effort game in and game out. I remember great years from Andy Moog and Jeff Hackett.

Lol I love the people labeling others as fake fans if they miss games. Get off your high horses. Are we supposed to sit through every second of this ****? It’s one thing for a team to suck, this is another level of a team sucking and being incredibly boring to watch. If you want to drink the Kool-Aid of this garbage management and garbage ownership, that’s your prerogative. You’re exactly the type of fans that keep this nonsense going since you just let them suck your bank accounts dry and turn the other cheek.

I used to watch every game, years ago but now I don’t care if I miss a game. I can barely sit through it. Not paying to go to games anymore either. Make some real changes and I’ll get invested again. Until then, Molson can **** off.
Amen.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This year has been brutal but honestly since the pre-Subban trade collapse I've become less and less interested in supporting/watching this team play. I find the product boring, I really don't feel like ownership cares about winning and the management/coaches are unlikable and incompetent for the most part. Anyone else in my boat/looking for another team to follow?
Whenever they have a bad season a certain amount of interest wanes. Hope it doesn't get as bad as during Houle era? Good news is it comes storming back.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Never thought I would lose interest, I used to get excited the day of a game, look forward to it all day, than watch it, and rewarch my favourite parts the next day. I’ve watched maybe the equivalent of 20 games this year, probably not even. I cant remember a time when I’ve disliked so many of my own players. I cheered on the team through the nightmare era of the mid 90s to early 2000s and stayed positive, but I’ve swallowed about as much shit as I can stomach. This team has no direction, very little talent, they play boring uninspired hockey, the farm is mostly unimpressive, and with mb at the helm I dont see things changing any time soon. if Bergevin is still the gm at the start of next year I’m cancelling my centre ice, enoughs enough.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not really. I was losing interest until they started playing Mete more and called up Scherbak and Juulsen. I watch games now to see them play. But this thread is just going to have the same comments the last 10 threads like this have had lol.

You watch with a different purpose, but there is no doubt every single fan has lost some interest.
The moment you know your team isn't going to make the POs and isn't going anywhere, you lose some interest.
You aren't being entertained nearly as much. You aren't going to be sitting at the edge of your seat, palms sweating, rocking back and forth, telling your gf, friends or family who think you're crazy to shut up when they're talking to you because you're so invested in the game.
That's not going to happen.

Sure, interesting to see how some of the kids play, to see where they're at, what we have, that's about it.
Basically you are watching an early and longer training camp. A lot of people get excited for training camp, but it isn't comparable to the excitement generated from watching a competitive team play.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A fan who stops watching/giving interest during dark times, don't deserve to be subjected to the good times.
That's just makebelief romanticized BS.
Hockey is a sport. Sports are made to be fun, interesting and entertaining. If the sport is boring, then it is pretty unpopular.

Nobody said they stopped loving the Team...capital T.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I watch but get frustrated a lot with what’s going on. My western team is Dallas so I have hope and enjoyment and son is a LA/TB fan so I still get to watch some good hockey. Love Gally (even after he dissed PK love him too), liking DLo but really dislike Pacioretty and Drouin for their lack of effort. Habs are are always first but bloody hell its tough

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
The last few games have been more interesting with all the young players in the lineup, they are playing hard which is going to be bad for the tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00