HF Habs: Anyone else completely losing interest in the Team?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Get a room, you two.:naughty:

Best memory of live habs playoff game I ever saw was 1986 game 7 vs Hartford. I was in the rafters. Lemieux backhand upstairs beats liut . He was a playoff monster. Every time richer carried the puck people lifted out of their seats.
another classic !

Whalers gave the habs the toughest series in that Cup winning run.

Reactions: Rapala and Shabs

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
"I was at that game Best live event I ever attended bar none" That line left me speechless for a few seconds. I just stared at it. :laugh:

The Montreal Forum. Good Friday 1984. Canadiens vs Noriques. Awesome that you were there. I would get your autograph if you told me that in person. :laugh:

One of my favorite games of all time. Friend taped it so I watched it many times over the next few years and loved it each time.

That is a piece of history you share with a great Canadiens team !

Still remember where i was and who I watched it with.

Hated Nords lead 2-0. All the brawls broke out. Steve Shutt scores 2 goals to tie it up. Rick Green scores. Carbs scores. Chabot scores. Habs win 5-2 and go on to win series !!!

Hunter brothers started to go at each other . ha!

Trembly broke P Statsnys nose.

Nilan ignited the second brawl.

All while Hamel lay motionless on the ice from a sucker punch by Thelvin.
**** correction by Catanddogguitar***** ..not Thelvin. Sucker punch that ignited Good Friday Brawl was thrown by Louis Sliegher.
Nope, it was Mark Hunter.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I've been here for 13 years and it's also the worse I've seen it. Too many of the regulars that were here for the past few years seem to have disappeared. If MB stays for much longer there won't be anyone left on this board other than the handful of MB supporters still left and I'm not even sure they're really supporters of him anymore and are just trolling.

As long as the Bell Centre keeps bringing in the high profits I doubt Molson even cares what fans think of the on ice product. I wonder how long Molson will have to wait until he see's some playoff revenue again? The Habs are getting left behind in today's NHL with so many teams having highly skilled young players currently on their teams and more on the way. Must be nice..
I have been here for 9 years and I agree, things here are bad. The thing about the playoff revenue is not a big issue for Molson, we just got 17 million US dollars from the expansion of Vegas plus we are under the cap by a cape island boat load of money so things are good. It's business for Molson and nothing more and I don't think that anyone can dispute that at this point in time.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Ya think ? Come to think of it you might be right.

In Bruce Hoods book he claims it was Nilan.
Nilan might have wound Hunter up? But it was Hunter that went after the Nords.

Reactions: PaulD

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Sort of shocking that with such a bad season, where nothing could possibly be any worst, there are still 5 teams that have a poorer record than the Habs.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
We are now one of the bottom echelon teams in the division/league and it looks like it will be a long while before we get out.

Season was terribly boring. It's hard to stay interested.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Sort of shocking that with such a bad season, where nothing could possibly be any worst, there are still 5 teams that have a poorer record than the Habs.
Must be a mix of teams taking us lightly, playing their back-ups and Julien getting last change at the BC probably explains our home record. Otherwise I have no clue.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The thing about it all is people started losing interest while the team still were 'wining'. This season was just what pushed people over edge.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There is no "correct" answer. Everyone is entitled to be a fan in the manner they see fit. It's an all-inclusive club, no one gets to make definitive determinations, nor remove allegiances that in many cases, are decades old. You can't tell someone they're not entitled to hold on to their childhood team, just cause they want to take a sabbatical from the condescending and non-entertaining ****-show that ownership and management are content to put out.
Boom!!!!!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Houle, Gainey, now this guy.

For me, if MB uses our assets and Cap space to try to build a play off contender as opposed to moves that start heading us to being a Cup contender , then my interest will just tank.

At that point even a new GM wont get me back in full as I will assume he is another guy who will ultimately just screw the team up. Besides, if MB goes for the Molson play off money in 2018-19 his moves will probably mean we are locked into mediocrity for several years.

So its down to the Draft and July 1 for me.

Reactions: Runner77

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Besides, if MB goes for the Molson play off money in 2018-19 his moves will probably mean we are locked into mediocrity for several years.
Whatever he does, we're in mediocrity for several years. Yeah, he made that much of a clusterf*** with this team. There's going to be a lot of pain... and for a very long time.

Reactions: Runner77

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
This year has been brutal but honestly since the pre-Subban trade collapse I've become less and less interested in supporting/watching this team play. I find the product boring, I really don't feel like ownership cares about winning and the management/coaches are unlikable and incompetent for the most part. Anyone else in my boat/looking for another team to follow?
Honestly it's a bad year or maybe couple years but it's all on MB he's a complete Apple aside from Trump being a president. Anyways I love the habs since very young and still young at 21 who truly loves hockey. But anyways being a fan of Montreal is amazing it went through the generation of my family, being a fan means you love the team no matter what but if you want to change, doors open; true fans will never leave. No one is stopping you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad