Player Discussion Anton Slepyshev back to the nhl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Lucic sucking every day of the week is still more productive and effective than Slepy****s
Except not. Slepyshev factually outproduced Lucic in 2018 despite playing less games, less ice time per game, and far far less of those juicy power play opportunities, and actually threw more hits too. If you think Lucic was more useful than any other player on our team, then you didn't watch the last 50 or so games of the season

Reactions: A91 and Aerrol

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I'd hate to see him go, solid 3rd, fourth line player. Can shoot, take a hit etc.
So many years developing then right when he is ready to be a regular or could even impress with continued improvement next year we decide to cast him aside. All those years for not.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'd hate to see him go, solid 3rd, fourth line player. Can shoot, take a hit etc.
So many years developing then right when he is ready to be a regular or could even impress with continued improvement next year we decide to cast him aside. All those years for not.
Ready to impress?
Dude had 12 points last year. Guy is a 4th liner at best. KHL is a decent fit. He is not even close to what Lander was here

Reactions: belair

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
It's not rumors. Literally every single front office executive involved in hockey knows Chiarelli hated Slepyshev. I mean the guy publicly stated that he sent an email to every single NHL team that Slepyshev was available for trade, and of course other teams seeing Chiarelli say crap like this, know that we don't value him whatsoever, so they're not going to give any assets to get him and would rather give their own prospects a shot. Peter Chiarelli basically announced to the hockey world that we have no respect for this player whatsoever, and if your own GM doesn't respect you, other GMs aren't going to hold you in a positive light either, and as a player knowing that your GM thinks you're worthless despite you showing value via on ice play, and your coach would rather play a refrigerator on skates like Lucic despite you outplaying that buffoon pretty much every game of the season, you're not gonna want to stay either.

Peter Chiarelli is absolute cancer for this franchise. The tumor needed to be excised 2 years ago, but considering how our CEO is Chiarelli's best buddy Bob Nicholson, the imbecile running our team is going to ensure that this tumor becomes metastatic.

your hatred for chiarelli (and Lucic is over the top. WWE level bad.

to just argue one point. Chia should have been fired 2 years ago? feel free to give me a list of NHL GM's who have been fired after only 1 year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
your hatred for chiarelli (and Lucic is over the top. WWE level bad.

to just argue one point. Chia should have been fired 2 years ago? feel free to give me a list of NHL GM's who have been fired after only 1 year.
If anything my hatred for Chiarelli isn't enough. And yes he absolutely should've been fired 2 years ago: the summer beforehand he shat the bed with the Reinhart trade, and then followed it up 2 years ago by trading Hall for Larsson and signing Milan Lucic to one of the worst contracts in hockey. They were moves that everyone from fans to media alike chastised from day 1 and as it turns out, they should've bashed him more.

Last edited by a moderator:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It’s a little frustrating to spend a few years developing a player only to see them bolt back to Europe. I guess that’s the risk you take with drafting Europeans. The pull to go home gets strong if they’re not progressing as fast as they think they should.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
My sources are telling me that Slepyshev is leaving.

By sources I mean I also just read things at Lowetide.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It’s a little frustrating to spend a few years developing a player only to see them bolt back to Europe. I guess that’s the risk you take with drafting Europeans. The pull to go home gets strong if they’re not progressing as fast as they think they should.
I was a little shocked and worried when he came so soon. Maybe another year or two in Russia would've been good for the guy. Him only being here now for year 2 he could've been a more rounded prospect. One that maybe would be looking at dominating the AHL, something he was never given the chance to do.

Reactions: Aerrol

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
in another unrelated matter the Oilers may offer Bogdon Yakimov a contract that will allow them to keep his rights--if that is so--that confuses me--it just means they keep his rights and it counts towards the 75 (I think it is 75) rights amount a team is allowed to have of players. They will also Q Slepyshev to retain his rights

Last edited:
Reactions: nabob

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He has a good shot and that's it. No matter who he was on the ice with he was never consistently able to make a play. Incredibly frustrating player to watch.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Good tools, no toolbox is how I'll remember Sleppy. Makes you wonder how much of it was on the player and how much of it was on the coaching staff?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Good tools, no toolbox is how I'll remember Sleppy. Makes you wonder how much of it was on the player and how much of it was on the coaching staff?
Confusing why the Lucic-Draisaitl-Slepyshev line never got put back together this season after the success they had in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad