Player Discussion Anthony Richard - Should he be called up?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We're short on centers with Monahan out... No way is Evans sitting...

Fair but would Richard be able to play 4C in the NHL? I really don't care about this one. Richard is doing well in the AHL and maybe there will be a chance to get him in for a game or two to earn the NHL salary. Things like this typically happen.

I called this out before the season. Depth at center after Evans is a massive drop. And some wanted Slaf to play AHL :facepalm:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Huh, thought he was on an AHL only contract. Don't think he would do all that well in the NHL given he would likely need top 2 line play and minutes to have any chance of succeeding but would likely be on the 4th line.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Huh, thought he was on an AHL only contract. Don't think he would do all that well in the NHL given he would likely need top 2 line play and minutes to have any chance of succeeding but would likely be on the 4th line.
Im not so sure. He is a very fast player and he was intense and very noticeable in all aspects of the game last year in the playoffs against Laval. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a good addition to a bottom 6. He can be quite fiesty.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm guessing they want to give Laval a fighting chance, with their division still being pretty tight and all. Taking Richard out of the lineup would really kill them. He'll probably get a chance later when the Rocket is either completely out of the picture or in a more comfortable position.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
At the beginning, I was reluctant to waive Pezzetta. But now, I don't mind at all. I'm even happy if a team claims him, so a spot will be opened for Richard, Pitlick, Ylonen or even Harve-Pinard.
Pezzetta stays. No way you waive him. He’s a hustler, has good IQ, can shoot, makes good passes for a 4th liner.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Im not so sure. He is a very fast player and he was intense and very noticeable in all aspects of the game last year in the playoffs against Laval. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a good addition to a bottom 6. He can be quite fiesty.
This is what I saw from him. I think he could bring his entousiasm and energy to the nhl level and who knows, score in his first game he play for us. Habs have a lot of "passengers" right now. To bring a new player who sees the nhl like a new toy at Xmas under the tree is good for the team and good for us fans.

Jul 6, 2016
I think you’re right. One thing thats obvious though, Pitlick works harder than Dadonov & Drouin and has a better hockey IQ than Hoffman….then again I’ve had houseplants with a higher IQ than Hoffman.
I hope we will see the end of Dadonov and Drouin in a near future. For sure, they are gone next Summer. Hoffman must be dealt for a 7th rounder.....

Jul 6, 2016
Try him on first line for few games. While he is playing well. I doubt it will last. But maybe few good gamed
I think he would fit well with Drouin and Anderson on the second line. Slaf has so much to learn still that 4th line duties is already plenty for him.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I think he would fit well with Drouin and Anderson on the second line. Slaf has so much to learn still that 4th line duties is already plenty for him.

I don’t think so.

Slaf earned being on the 2nd line. He is playing around 13 minutes a night with Anderson and Drouin. He was doing well with Monahan and Anderson, now it’s a little tougher for him but he has to adjust playing against better lines. He adjusted to the pace while on the 4th line and started playing good, we have to be patient he’ll adjust to the pace.

I know some don’t like how he is used but i actually like what they’re doing, when he started playing good on the 4th line, they gave him PP time. Now he’s adjusting to the 2nd line, he’ll also get PP time so more minutes when he’ll get comfortable on the 2nd line.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Pezzetta stays. No way you waive him. He’s a hustler, has good IQ, can shoot, makes good passes for a 4th liner.
Although he is appreciated, guys like that are dime a dozen. If needed you waive him and wish him well. It’s no big deal.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I try him few shift with Big Nic!

Cause why not ?
I agree; You don’t call up a field goal kicker to play short stop. wait…

I think once back from the road trip Dach is back at center, at least this guy looks like he can fly and bury it unlike the powermule.

Reactions: Dutronc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad