Player Discussion Anthony Richard - Should he be called up?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Not at this point, but he should get a shot in the near future.
I'm thinking more after TDL or if injuries happens.

Right now he's better to continue his streak down there than come here to fill a jersey on the 4th line with 7 minutes of play

Reactions: schwang26 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Right now he's better to continue his streak down there than come here to fill a jersey on the 4th line with 7 minutes of play
If he is called up he needs to play with good players...not on the 4th line. Dinosaur coaches are good for doing that

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Does he have to be placed on waivers to go back to Laval if they call him up?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If he is called up he needs to play with good players...not on the 4th line. Dinosaur coaches are good for doing that

Agreed, he must be used in the role he was use to get those numbers.....but that's also why we need to wait before calling him up.

Reactions: Tyson

Jul 6, 2016
He should be called up, but he won't.

1- Laval has already many, many injured players
2- He would had to play on a 4th line for the Habs. So don't expect the same production at all
3- He is already 26 and played a handful of games at NHL level because of his numerous shortcomings.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Richard passes the eye test too. He is always hustling. Plus, with a name like that....
That was my first thought during training camp seeing him lol,
Like man.. what a last name to have, here, in this place, the Land of Richard lol
And his number was 90 lol

But honestly namesake and legacies aside
He was actually pretty good during camp! And now this crazy AHL goal production

I'd give him a shot over Pitlick and Pezz at the moment, for sure

Reactions: Canad13ns

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

2- He would had to play on a 4th line for the Habs. So don't expect the same production at all
3- He is already 26 and played a handful of games at NHL level because of his numerous shortcomings.

Doesn't look to have many shortcomings this year...

Is it THAT inconceivable that players can get better with age?

Reactions: Dutronc

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd possibly give Richard a chance and sit Evans for a game. Evans is working hard but complacency is setting in to some degree. Send a message cause the idea is he should be maturing and getting better, not digressing.

I expected a bigger season from Evans this year. Age 26 with 161 games. These are suppose to be his matured years and best production years IMO.

Reactions: Dutronc

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Doesn't look to have many shortcomings this year...

Is it THAT inconceivable that players can get better with age?
This is his best year ever. Some guys peak at 27. He can follow NHL pace. If there's one forward that deserves to be called up, it's him.

Reactions: Canad13ns

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022

Agreed. They need to move forwards out first. Plus, there's the off chance that he actually helps. I want a high pick!!!!

I'd possibly give Richard a chance and sit Evans for a game. Evans is working hard but complacency is setting in to some degree. Send a message cause the idea is he should be maturing and getting better, not digressing.

I expected a bigger season from Evans this year. Age 26 with 161 games. These are suppose to be his matured years and best production years IMO.
Complacency? The guy gets in front of slapshots and rushes wrecklesly into corners! Sure, he's not scoring, but complacency is not the right word here. Evans works his ass off.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

I'm not against giving him a shot, but why exactly is a 26 year old career AHL'er above playing 4th line minutes in the NHL?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

I remember this summer when someone said Evans was a better player than Dach lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I remember this summer when someone said Evans was a better player than Dach lol

Haha. Something like that but not exact. The question or poll created was who plays more and who ends up with more points. I personally never thought Evans was better. It was a age 26 vs 21 narrative where Evans was expected to be more mature and Dach is still in development.

I was wrong but the way I was wrong was not comprehended well. I'll admit when I'm wrong but at least get the right context captured ;).

How many points did Dach have before moving to the Suzuki line? No way did I expect Dach to be moved to wing this past summer. None of us saw that coming and if you posted play him on wing with Suzuki, you would have been laughed off the site this past summer.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Haha. Something like that but not exact. The question or poll created was who plays more and who ends up with more points. I personally never thought Evans was better. It was a age 26 vs 21 narrative where Evans was expected to be more mature and Dach is still in development.

I was wrong but the way I was wrong was not comprehended well. I'll admit when I'm wrong but at least get the right context captured ;)
I don’t think it was you tbh. I don’t remember a thread with a poll, it was in the Dach thread.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly.

I don’t think it was you. I don’t remember a thread with a poll, it was in the Dach thread.

It was me. I remember creating the poll. Once again, the narrative was a 26 year old Evans and a 21 year old Dach in development.

I'm not a coward. I know I'm wrong at times. It was just something I pondered in terms of age and I expected Evans to take a step forward, not backwards. I liked Dach a lot but wasn't sure how it would play out and who would have thought he would be playing on Suzuki's wing? Not me and I don't think anybody

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
It was me. I remember creating the poll. Once again, the narrative was a 26 year old Evans and a 21 year old Dach in development.

I'm not a coward. I know I'm wrong at times. It was just something I pondered in terms of age and I expected Evans to take a step forward, not backwards. I liked Dach a lot but wasn't sure how it would play out and who would have thought he would be playing on Suzuki's wing? Not me and I don't think anybody

Not sure, it was people in the Dach thread who were arguing Dach never showed anything better than Evans and they were talking about points. But anyway haha that was just a little joke because now Evans seems to have regressed.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure, it was people in the Dach thread who were arguing Dach never showed anything better than Evans and they were talking about points. But anyway haha that was just a little joke because now Evans seems to have regressed.

Evans, Armia, and Pitlick are disappointments. Didn't expect much from Drouin, Dadonov, Gallagher but I did with Evans and Armia. Especially Evans.

Not even sure he is with us in 3+ years now.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013

If he's good, he will still score, a real scorer always finds a way.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

We're short on centers with Monahan out... No way is Evans sitting...

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad